Liberty of the Seas @Grand Cayman

Our family will be on the Liberty of the Seas on October 10 and will be tendered at Grand Cayman. We are reserving a private boat charter and are concerned about the starting time. The schedule says we will be there 8-4 and tendered. Has anyone been there lately and can tell me if we could possibly get to shore by 8:30 for a private excursion? Do they tender the RCL shore excursion people first? We are Diamond members and have had "tender passes" in the past so we are allowed to go on any tender we chose.

Any information will be great. Thanks

Assuming the tenders start running at 8am, you'll be fine..it's only a 5 min. ride or so...

I'd just ask the tour company how they handle it if the ship delays you....I'm pretty sure it will wait....they know how this stuff works! GC is one of those places that are skipped on occassion, due to wind and waves!

I was there last week on the Liberty, and I don't believe the tenders started right on time. If it's a private excursion, couldn't you just schedule it to start at 8:45 or 9:00 so you wouldn't need to stress?

As a side note, this was my first cruise on a ship that carries 4,300+ passengers, and I was repeatedly reminded that the ports don't magically expand to accommodate these larger populations. Even with Diamond status, you won't get the pampering you may be used to on smaller ships...:(

In my experience usually the ship excursion passengers are tendered first. However on our cruise to the Med we were the first ones in line at the gangway (bright and early) and a crew member came and got us and put us on the first tender with the ship excursion people.

Archived