Key West 7am - 5pm

klstiger

Arriving on Carnival Triumph and we are there from 7-5.

We are looking at the Trolley tour for starters...

I have read on here about a pub crawl. Carnival does not offer that.

If I were to make up our own excursion/list of bars, what would recommend stopping at and having a drink? Most of us are drinkers(all New Orleans people), and I am not saying I will stay at one particular place but just want to visit the ones that are "known". Not really interested in the Margaritaville kind of places....

We will have kids with us... granted some times grandma's will hang outside with them if need be!

I am going to try to map these out... :o

Thanks for your help!

The easiest thing to do is just walk up and down Duval Street and go into the bars that appeal to you. No real need to pay for a pub crawl. Don't forget to buy a drink for yourself while walking up and down Duval! Often you'll find some places offering two-for-ones during the day too. There are quite a few neat bars on Duval.

I would also recommend walking down to the harbor to go to Schooner

Wharf. To get there just walk down the street that Sloppy Joe's is on the corner of (Green St ?) and follow all the way to the water and then walk down the boardwalk along the water to the right and you will run into Schooner along with a couple of other good spots to check out. Have fun.

I would also recommend walking down to the harbor to go to Schooner

Wharf. To get there just walk down the street that Sloppy Joe's is on the corner of (Green St ?) and follow all the way to the water and then walk down the boardwalk along the water to the right and you will run into Schooner along with a couple of other good spots to check out. Have fun.

It is really nice over there as well! You can feed the fish an often see some tarpon around.

Agreed! No need for a tour, just stroll down the street and you will find many good watering holes. Some of the more famous ones: Capt Tony's (just off Duval) on Greene, Hog's Breath (almost always has good, live music). Schooner Wharf is good, too.

Then there is the Smallest Bar, tiny, but good for a drink.

You can't go wrong! Enjoy.

http://www.floridakeysgirl.com

• 1 month later...

We were there in May on the Freedom, I suggest Irish Kevin's, music, lively and Sloppy Joe's , Hog's Breath Saloon and the Bull & Whistle (this is a 3 story bar, Bull, Whistle on second floor (cheap margarita's) third floor is The Eden (yes, you guess it, only clothing optional bar in the keys);).

Have fun, (we go back for 4 days in Nov.)

There are a couple of places you can stop at and have a drink on your way back to the docks and hang around until the horn blows and be back in plenty of time:

1. the Beach-side bar at the Pier House Hotel, 1 Duval Street. There's a side entrance on Duval just beyond those jugs spitting water. They have very good Bloody Mary's there and live music on the weekends

2. the tiki bar at the sunset pier at the Ocean Key Resort, 0 Duval Street (the Pier House and the Ocean Key straddle the glass-bottom boat) They, too make great Bloody Marys and magrgeritas, and there is a nice view.

3. El Meson de Pepe just off Mallory Square. You can sit outside at the bar closest to the Square and try a mojito. Note that they add an 18% tip automatically to the tab, even for one drink at the bar. They also have some pretty good Cuban apps here - stuffed plantains, e.g.

Pjk

Archived