Bonnie-Ginger-MotionEaze

brekin67

I took bonine on both cruises and it wiped me out too. It makes me so bobble-headish and drowsey that I'm just miserable. I just bought the Seaband for my cruise in August. I've looked all over for ginger pills and haven't been able to find any. Where do you all get them? Does the buffet have granny smiths?

Look for ginger pills at your local health food store..... or pharmacy like walgreens... i couldn't find them at wal-mart

I took bonine on both cruises and it wiped me out too. It makes me so bobble-headish and drowsey that I'm just miserable. I just bought the Seaband for my cruise in August. I've looked all over for ginger pills and haven't been able to find any. Where do you all get them? Does the buffet have granny smiths?

I buy ginger capsules at any drug store and/or grocery store. Ginger does not make me drowsy.

Doc told me to take peptobismo if I planned to eat or drink in Mexico. Begin a day early and take 3 times a day. Of course, don't be foolish andd rink the water unless you are in a classy restaurant.

I take all the nessasary precations too especially cuz I dont know now the water may be like smooth vs choppy nor how my kids will react. I did find these Ginger Chews http://www.gingerpeople.com/ginger-chews/original-ginger-chews-3.html more like a candy incase you cant take pill (kids, or big babys like myself LMAO) But I will remember the apple now also thanks!

We're first time cruisers. In what form do I get the "ginger pills" everyone is mentioning? Thanks! Would you mind sending the response directly to barbara1973@hotmail.com since finding previous posts on this board is sometimes a bit difficult? Thanks!

I have used motion eaze. It smells bad, but works well. I also take ginger pills.

Be very careful when taking Ginger pills if you are medically on blood thinner pills. Check with your doctor first. Ginger is a natural blood thinner. If your levels must be controlled, the ginger will throw your INR/PT levels off. I am on Coumadin for an artificial Aortic heart valve. I took the ginger on one of my cruises. It works great for motion sickness, but I started noticing more unexplained bruises, and other symptoms that lets me know my blood is too thin. I stopped right away, and asked a pharmacist on one of the islands. She said yes, the ginger thins the blood more than aspirin, which I have to avoid at all costs. I asked my doctor and the Coumadin Clinic when I got back home, and they also said for me to never take the pills. We can not take aspirin when being monitored for blood levels. I just want to let anyone taking blood thinners to be aware of the ginger risks.

YES! I do use Motion Eaze, and YES, it does help prevent motion sickness. I take one Bonine at night and dab Motion Eaze behind my ears in the AM and again if it gets washed off. It is completely safe. It does have a fairly strong scent that you have to get used to. But I do think it works. My cousin also believes that it worked for her, too. Ginger gum also works to relieve symptoms of motion sickness, but not to prevent them.

Today I purchased Bonnie and Ginger. There was also a small bottle of MotionEaze, I did not purchase. It is a natural oil you are to place behind your earlobe. Have you tried this and does it work?

Thanks,

Brenda

We also use meclazine (generic name for Bonine). We get a script from the MD. We start taking it the day before. We have had some pretty rough seas and have never had a problem.

Be very careful when taking Ginger pills if you are medically on blood thinner pills. Check with your doctor first. Ginger is a natural blood thinner. If your levels must be controlled, the ginger will throw your INR/PT levels off. I am on Coumadin for an artificial Aortic heart valve. I took the ginger on one of my cruises. It works great for motion sickness, but I started noticing more unexplained bruises, and other symptoms that lets me know my blood is too thin. I stopped right away, and asked a pharmacist on one of the islands. She said yes, the ginger thins the blood more than aspirin, which I have to avoid at all costs. I asked my doctor and the Coumadin Clinic when I got back home, and they also said for me to never take the pills. We can not take aspirin when being monitored for blood levels. I just want to let anyone taking blood thinners to be aware of the ginger risks.

THANK YOU!! My DH is on blood thinners and we had no idea he shouldn't take ginger!!! :eek:

Archived