Bonnie-Ginger-MotionEaze

brekin67

Today I purchased Bonnie and Ginger. There was also a small bottle of MotionEaze, I did not purchase. It is a natural oil you are to place behind your earlobe. Have you tried this and does it work?

Thanks,

Brenda

Never heard of that one, but it's probably the same stuff that's in the patch. We always use "Meclizine", which is the over the counter "Bonine". Much less expensive, and works very well. You can buy a bottle of 100 for around $6. All you normally need is one per day, and you're good to go!

"SKY"

Never tried it. The cruise lines tell their staff to eat a green apple (like granny smith) if they feel nauseous and to go out on deck for some fresh air. Works like a dream and no drowsiness.

Never heard of that one, but it's probably the same stuff that's in the patch. We always use "Meclizine", which is the over the counter "Bonine". Much less expensive, and works very well. You can buy a bottle of 100 for around $6. All you normally need is one per day, and you're good to go!

"SKY"

Same here.

Brenda, on my only cruise (this past Feb.) I took ginger pills and an 8-pack of the small size cans of gingerale. I drank a gingerale each day, sometimes in the a.m., sometimes in the afternoon. I also took 1-2 ginger pills (bought OTC at Walgreens, maybe 100 for $8?) each day. I never got sick. I did walk somewhat wobbly though! Which was funny to me, thinking people might think I was drunk but I wasn't.

Since that was my first cruise, I don't know if I would have gotten sea sick without taking the ginger. I just didn't want to wait until getting sick then trying to make myself feel better. The only thing that would get me a little queasy was watching the stage curtains sway in the theater. Very quickly, I learned not to look at those; only look at stationary items. I also took SeaBands and the prescription patches, but never used any of those.

LaRose

Never tried it. The cruise lines tell their staff to eat a green apple (like granny smith) if they feel nauseous and to go out on deck for some fresh air. Works like a dream and no drowsiness.

This is exactly what the Maitre D told my DH last year as he was feeling queasy. It worked like a charm!! We took a few to our cabin and he had one each morning...never had another problem.;)

i'm about to embark on my first cruise and i get seasick looking at boats!! i've purchased the bracelets, meclezine, ginger pills, and ginger candy. plan on drinking alot of ginger ale too. hadn't heard about the green apples - will try that too if needed.

i'd rather be prepared - have it and not need it, than need it and not have it...

Today I purchased Bonnie and Ginger. There was also a small bottle of MotionEaze, I did not purchase. It is a natural oil you are to place behind your earlobe. Have you tried this and does it work?

Thanks,

Brenda

I bought all 3 of those, lol, as I get sick just looking at a ship, so do not know if one worked better then the other, but I did well, even on one cruise that had rough seas for 2 days, half the ship was sick, but I did good.

Have fun.

I get motion sickness all too often...on airplanes, cars, boats and even if I'm watching a shaky home video. I used to wait until I felt nauseous to do something about it, like drink a gingerale, but it never worked. I finally found something that worked for me: through the duration of my cruise, I take a ginger pill in the morning and a Bonine at night, sometimes even starting the regimen the day before I sail. It might be worth a try. Both pills are very inexpensive.

Meclizine (Bonine) can still tend to make me drowsy, so if there are rough seas I take one before bedtime. Puts me to sleep (when i want to be sleepy) and no worries about sea sickness. I also have ginger pills with me and take them around meal times sometimes. I love ginger to begin with and I think it helps settle my stomach when i eat too much too!

i read a review from a woman on here and she used it on her daughter and it worked. i havent used it, but i like the idea (like the ginger) that its natural. i used the ginger just in case (havent been seasick before, but you never know) anyways, i used the ginger because i wanted a couple coctails here and there

I'm going to have to try that one! Love granny smiths anyway!

So there is Bonine and what else? Ginger pills? Which one makes you sleepy?

I take ginger for rollercoasters and it works great. I took non-drowsy bonine (generic) before going to Disney Quest (the virtual stuff makes me really dizzy) and I crashed and didn't MOVE for 15 hours (non-drowsy, not so much)...

On our Triumph cruise, I took ginger but the night before our last sea day, we had 13-20 ft seas and the ginger didn't even touch it. I got sea-ease (?) at the pursers desk. It did help a little but I think I was too far gone. For months after that night, even the wave pool at the local waterpark brought back horrible memories! I'm hoping that I don't have problems on our next one.

I took bonine on both cruises and it wiped me out too. It makes me so bobble-headish and drowsey that I'm just miserable. I just bought the Seaband for my cruise in August. I've looked all over for ginger pills and haven't been able to find any. Where do you all get them? Does the buffet have granny smiths?

i'm about to embark on my first cruise and i get seasick looking at boats!! i've purchased the bracelets, meclezine, ginger pills, and ginger candy. plan on drinking alot of ginger ale too. hadn't heard about the green apples - will try that too if needed.

i'd rather be prepared - have it and not need it, than need it and not have it...

I get car sick riding in back seat just to store, or watching son place his xbox. So I hear ya. I take Bonine religiousy about 4pm before dinner as that I find is the worst for me--the dining room is usually at an end of ship and I really feel the motion. We always pick a mid ship cabin location. I then take another Bonine at 8 or 10--that way if I do get drowsy it is nihgt time. Tried teh Sea Patch--made my mouth dry after a day, and vision blurry so I could not even read menu or magazine. Also tried "seeds" on back of ear per accuuncturist on Destiny--did not help.

There is also SeaBand ginger gum that looks like Chicklets comes in foil pack like other gum--helped me thru Disney Mission to Mars ride family talked me into. So look into gum too.

I am very prone to motion sickness so when we went on our first cruise two yrs ago I took both Bonine and ginger pills and was fine. Our last night of the cruise we had rough seas and while on the floor packing (interrior cabin) felt a little uneasy but was ok once I got out of the room. Was fine sleeping that night.

I sometimes get motion sickness and took less drowsy bonine with me but never had to use it-i did something i read about years ago and it actually worked--i sat on my balcony after we sailed and stared at the horizon for 2 or 3 minutes focusing-went back inside and sat on the bed-then came back outside looked out and i was fine for the whole cruise-shocked me:eek:

I get car sick riding in back seat just to store, or watching son place his xbox. So I hear ya. I take Bonine religiousy about 4pm before dinner as that I find is the worst for me--the dining room is usually at an end of ship and I really feel the motion. We always pick a mid ship cabin location. I then take another Bonine at 8 or 10--that way if I do get drowsy it is nihgt time. Tried teh Sea Patch--made my mouth dry after a day, and vision blurry so I could not even read menu or magazine. Also tried "seeds" on back of ear per accuuncturist on Destiny--did not help.

There is also SeaBand ginger gum that looks like Chicklets comes in foil pack like other gum--helped me thru Disney Mission to Mars ride family talked me into. So look into gum too.

I have personally found at the first sign of feeling funny, a green apple and dry crackers helped in short order!!! Saved me many a time.

Archived