Drink coupons vs Bon Voyage Liquor bottles

jbitzer

Sailing on Dream on 8/14 (first time Carnival) and had a question regarding liquor.

The 2 adults in our party are bringing our two bottles of wine and a few things of soda.

I was looking at the prepaid drink coupons on the Carnival website and then I saw the prices of Bon Voyage..

Is there any upcharge with the alcohol drinks? For example, one drink is $7.xx and the coupon is only for $5.75.. we would be paying the difference, right?

Say if we wanted a beer, it would be an even exchange, right?

Or is it more advantagous to get a bottle of either vodka or rum from Bon Voyage and make hard lemonades, rum and cokes, etc..

We do like frozen fruity drinks as well as rum and coke good old standbys!

Sailing on Dream on 8/14 (first time Carnival) and had a question regarding liquor.

The 2 adults in our party are bringing our two bottles of wine and a few things of soda.

I was looking at the prepaid drink coupons on the Carnival website and then I saw the prices of Bon Voyage..

Is there any upcharge with the alcohol drinks? For example, one drink is $7.xx and the coupon is only for $5.75.. we would be paying the difference, right?

Or is it more advantagous to get a bottle of either vodka or rum from Bon Voyage and make hard lemonades, rum and cokes, etc..

You will have to pay any thing extra that the coupon does not cover. Also beware that the rum you can buy from BV is low end rum and 40 to 55 dollars for a liter.

99% of the time Bon Voyage or BV is cheaper than the coupons.

I did have more expensive than home typed.... not sure what happened with that part of the phrase!

I think we can get more drinks per bottle. We usually get the bigger bottles so its hard to deconvert to a smaller bottle. I would think for rum/cokes or hard lemonades/twisted teas we could do quite a bit of drinks with the bottle.

We just returned from the Glory on June 19th and I used drink tickets and I did not pay extra for drinks. Even exchange for beer or a mixed drink/drink of the day. My usual was Yellow Birds or Tequila Sunrises and all I did was pass over a ticket, nothing extra.

You said you liked fruity drinks...you might consider this: On a recent cruise, I'd ordered a bottle of tequila from BV for $40. I brought a small bottle of Grenadine with me, and a quart sized Rubbermade bottle that I used to bring half orange juice/lemonade back to my cabin from the Lido. Mixed together with lots of ice...it made a delicious (and pretty) drink! With the addition of the lemonade, I labeled it my "Alaskan Sunset". Just a suggestion.

Archived