Solstice Questions - Western Caribbean

avalon1025

Just booked August 1st on the Solstice, an impromptu cruise! I had a few questions:

I assume since the ship is still relatively new it is in good condition?

Formal nights: Which would be a better choice: A dark suit, or a blazer and pants ( i just got off QM2 and I didn't think Celebrity is as formal. I don't want to look over dressed in a dark suit)

Thanks!

Just booked August 1st on the Solstice, an impromptu cruise! I had a few questions:

I assume since the ship is still relatively new it is in good condition?

Formal nights: Which would be a better choice: A dark suit, or a blazer and pants ( i just got off QM2 and I didn't think Celebrity is as formal. I don't want to look over dressed in a dark suit)

Thanks!

Hi -

We just got off of an Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Solstice. The ship is beautiful - in perfect condition. You will absolutely love it.

As for formal nights, I wore a dark suit and felt I fit in well. You will see tuxedos (a few), suits, and blazer/pants. I didn't feel out of place in my dark suit and actually (to my surprise) enjoyed the formal night attire. There were even young boys wearing suits, if that will make you feel better. However, if you decide to go with a blazer/pants, you will fit in - I think it is just personal preference. There were a number of men wearing no jacket at all.

We just returned from the July 4th sailing.

The ship is the most beautiful ship we have been on ( prior cruises include one on Carnival, one on Princess, and the last five on HAL). One suggestion is to book the Tabayna Beach break excursion in Roatan. The island is lovely and the beach is wonderful.

Hi avalon,

Please come join our Roll Call for August 1 Solstice ~ we have over 100 people on the thread and are having a great time discussing our plans for excursions and getting excited for the cruise!

Only 12 more days!

Archived