Christmas Decorations...

I've been on a couple of early December cruises in the past, and the ships were already decorated for the holiday. I remember asking prior to a cruise once and reading that they usually start decorating around Thanksgiving?

This year I am going on a 4 night cruise the Sunday after Thanksgiving. The ship usually does 7 nighters (Liberty), but is doing the 4 nighter because of a 3 night charter directly after my cruise. Since I'm going with some newbie cruisers I thought I'd check to see if they would be decorating for xmas then, or if they'd wait until the Budweiser 3 day charters are over. This is the response I received:

Dear x x:

Thank you for your email.

Our ships are decorated for Christmas on the itinerary where the holiday falls. We regret any disappointment this response may cause.

Ms. Ronken, thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you aboard.

Sincerely,

xxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Customer Service Representative

Am I reading this wrong? Is this saying they don't decorate for xmas until the xmas sailing? (I know that's not true - or at least wasn't)

WOW, I was on the Explorer during Thanksgiving, and if I remember correctly, they started with the decorations for Christmas the next day. The Promenade was the central location for decorations, but they did have pointsettias and wreaths in other locations on the ship.

I've been on two December cruises. One departed December 6 (I think) and they were putting up Christmas decorations during the cruise. Each day there were more and more. The second cruise was the week before Christmas and the decorating was complete already, probably a few cruises earlier.

Thanks...I thought that reply was a little off! My last December cruise was Freedom in 07...think it left Dec 2nd...and that it was pretty much already decorated for xmas.

I'm hoping the Liberty might decorate immediately after turkey day in time for our cruise...

I"m booked for the December 5th Voyager of the Seas, and will be very disappointed if there are no Christmas decorations. I'm hoping for some Christmas songs also, at least in Cleopatra's Needle lounge.

I'm going on a 12 day cruise that will return on December 23. I can't imagine the decorations not being up by then :(. I'm really looking forward to seeing it, as I've never sailed this time of year before.

I've been on a Thanksgiving cruise and a Xmas cruise on Explorer. They started putting up the tree right after dinner on Thanksgiving. I remember commenting on this.

I've been on a Thanksgiving cruise and a Xmas cruise on Explorer. They started putting up the tree right after dinner on Thanksgiving. I remember commenting on this.

Yeah! Crossing my fingers for this answer!

I've been on a couple of early December cruises in the past, and the ships were already decorated for the holiday. I remember asking prior to a cruise once and reading that they usually start decorating around Thanksgiving?

This year I am going on a 4 night cruise the Sunday after Thanksgiving. The ship usually does 7 nighters (Liberty), but is doing the 4 nighter because of a 3 night charter directly after my cruise. Since I'm going with some newbie cruisers I thought I'd check to see if they would be decorating for xmas then, or if they'd wait until the Budweiser 3 day charters are over. This is the response I received:

Dear x x:

Thank you for your email.

Our ships are decorated for Christmas on the itinerary where the holiday falls. We regret any disappointment this response may cause.

Ms. Ronken, thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you aboard.

Sincerely,

xxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Customer Service Representative

Am I reading this wrong? Is this saying they don't decorate for xmas until the xmas sailing? (I know that's not true - or at least wasn't)

Not true last year on the Radiance. It was already done on the first week of December.

Archived