Carnival Splendor Lido Deck

Wondering if we will need to worry more about motion sickness since we are staying on the forward part of the lido deck on the Carnival Splendor... room 9230s

It is near the elevator but not right by it since we wanted it convenient but not too noisy. We have never been on a cruise and will have our children with us too. Just wondering what we should expect at that location in general and specifically with motion sickness.

Generally, the higher up you are and the more toward the front or rear you are, you will feel more motion. (Think of a sea-saw).

What time of year are you sailing? If the ocean is smooth you probably won't notice much motion at all. If it gets rough, you'll feel it on any deck!

I had the cabin that you are in last January. I found that coming back to Long Beach was rough, so bad that I did not leave my room. Going south was very smooth, but coming back was not. I think the weather is a big factor, so I would watch the weather reports. Remember you will be going at the end of hurricane season.

I had the cabin that you are in last January. I found that coming back to Long Beach was rough, so bad that I did not leave my room. Going south was very smooth, but coming back was not. I think the weather is a big factor, so I would watch the weather reports. Remember you will be going at the end of hurricane season.

IF you or your children get motion sickness while driving in a car then it is quite possible you will feel some sort of seasickness UNLESS you take something before the cruise departs. You can find lots of remedies and of course talk to the kids' pediatrician.

We had a room near yours last winter and we loved it. The motion is generally much greater going north but there are remedies for motion sickness. We're very prone to it but taking Bonine and ginger always works. We enjoy the added motion of being up front and your location is perfect.

We were just on the Splendor the first week of June and travelled with my 10 and 6 year old. I get motion sick, so I used the patches. I realize my system must just be sensitive to it, but I felt the boat moving, but it didn't make me nauseous. To me, the sick feeling is the key.

My kids were fine through 95% of the cruise without one complaint about a queasy stomach.

Our restaurant, and my inlaws, were at the back of the boat. You could feel it moving, like a side to side motion. The first night at dinner my son got a little peaked and said he didn't feel well. We gave him Dramamine, and by the end of dinner he was eating again. Ditto for my daughter. So each of the nights we ate in the dining room we medicated right beforehand and they were fine. The last night we forgot, and sure enough, I was running back to the room to get it.

Ditto if they were sitting for an extended period of time in my inlaws room.

I know you said front instead of back, but I can imagine the movement would be quite the same. Just giving you another perspective on what happened to us.

Shawn in AK

On our splendor cruise, the front of the ship was fine, the back was quite different. The last sea day heading north, we were in the back of the golden peral and it was moving quite a bit. Up front much less movement.

Agree with Mach about the midship pool area on the ship, it is great!

Enjoy the cruise, the kids will love it!

Thanks for the pics Host Mach!!! Really looking forward to sailing the Splendor in October. First pics I've seen of the center pool area. The open aft deck looks interesting as well. Too bad Carnival isn't making more of this class.

Got an aft cabin booked (next to the aft wrap), but not really worried about motion sickness. Bothers the DW more than it does me.

Jim

what awesome pics!

thanks for the replies....I have gotten motion sickness before traveling by car and/or plane as has one of my girls.

We already bought some Dramimine adults & kids versions and I think we will buy the sea bracelets just in case... heck we can always sell them if we don't use them.

I am super excited and just want everything to go well and be memmorable for the right reasons IYKWIM!

As far as the elevator noise, my MIL was in 6360 and we were wondering what the elevator noise would be like, we couldn't hear them and they were on the back side of her cabin. They must have very good soundproofing.

It is hard to answer this because everyone feels the motion differently.

It has to be very rough and stormy for me to be affected by the motion. Most of the time I love it. We like aft cabins because we enjoy the gentle rocking motion at night. I have no problem with forward cabins either.

I love being on the ocean, and love the motion but I have had my times of sickness occasionally.

My kids sometimes have some issues the first day at sea, a little dizziness, and a slight headache maybe.

The more cruises I take, the less this has been an issue for me though!

Archived