Adults only pool

gigivic

Is the solarium pool area on the Radience Adults only? I certainly hope so. I've found that I truly enjoy my cruise sitting in there, listening to the new age music when there are no children around yelling and screaming with daddy in the pool. My cruise will be to Alaska so I'm not sure about the kids having a warm pool of their own.

When we went it was a free for all all day long it was way to cold to be at the other pool We had jeans sweatshirts and jackets on the entire time we were outside.

I didn't seem bad but we didn't swim the entire week to much else to see the inside passage was beautirful

There were specific times that families could use the Solarium pool during our Radiance Alaska trip and people respected those times. Something like 10 AM - noon and then 4:00 to 6:00 PM. All other times it was adults only.

And they play cricket sounds at night, and other nature-y sounds during the day!

Does the Mariner have an "adults only" pool? And is it actually?

Is there a fee?

Thanks!

Cheers!

Yes (the Solarium pool, which also has spas and lounging areas); yes (though sometimes you have to remind people to read the signs); and no.

It's a great place to hang out and enjoy a relaxing time.

beachchick

I could be wrong and things may be different on the newer ships but it is the pool itself that is adults onlt, not the room. The first cruise with the kids, I did not know it was adult only, there was a sign on 1 hot tub so I took it as that hot tub was adults only so we swam there the first day and had the place to ourselves. Since then we use the outdoor pool but the kids club brings the kids there to eat on the older ships.

We were recently on Splendour ... the solarium pool is adults only, but the burgers/fries/pizza stand is pool side, so there are kids hanging around there (including ours) ... and some of them try to use the pool (which is colder than the outdoor pool) ... and some parents bring smaller kids into the hot tubs (as I said on another post, I have no problem telling the parents "Hey, this is adults only" ... they get peeved, but the other adults there like it and one guy even bought me a drink :D ).

As far as Alaska cruises go, everyone loves them, but I'm chicken to go ... I like to cruise to get away from Minnesota and into the sun, and I fear Alaska will remind me of home! And I won't have brought my skis!:eek:

(I'm just randomly using the smiling faces, by they way. Adult ADD.)

My question was the Mariner, and my queries were answered. Thanks again, beachchick!

The Mariner is unlike the Alaska cruises where it only sails in very warm tropical waters, so I would asume the children/families from the Northern regions are more prone to the outside pools. I was simply looking for a place to relax during the sea days. Relaxation being the key word.

Hopefully everyone will find just the right place to do their own thing!

Cheers!

Ahhh...another good thing...no food area there. I will be eating sooo much, especially on sea days taking advantage of the dining room for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I would hate to be relaxing next to the pool and the smell of french fries is calling me over to have a munch!! Out of sight (and smell) and out of temptation!

Cheers!

Archived