Sunbeds on the QV

EssexBarnes

Travelling next month on the QV for the first time.

Wouldnt normally be cruising on the med. at the height of the season. Whats the situation/availability of sunbeds during the day? Do you get the towels / books on beds placed there at the crack of dawn?

There is absolutely no shortage of sunbeds.

In the grills recently, there was always at least 50% avalability, whilst around the pools there was always some available. The Terrace on deck 11 was normally very quiet.

Yes, there is evidence of people leaving books and towels on beds, even although regular notices appear discouraging the practice. This is more prevailant during the day rather than before breakfast. There are however, always those selfish people who believe that the rules don't apply to them.

Travelling next month on the QV for the first time.

Wouldnt normally be cruising on the med. at the height of the season. Whats the situation/availability of sunbeds during the day? Do you get the towels / books on beds placed there at the crack of dawn?

Hi EssexBarnes

We arrived home yesterday after a 2 week cruise on QV .

The ship was full but there were plenty of sunbeds available most of the time. Sunbeds cannot be reserved and the deck attendants always leave a rolled up QV towel on each one, you dont need your own.

The only time I noticed a book on any of beds was if the person had gone in the pool, loo, or for a drink, You will have a great time. Enjoy:)

On our May cruise we had difficulty finding sunbeds and were walking around for half an hour around lunch time before we found two together as people had obviously put all their belongings on them whilst they were in the Lido. However the QG always had sunbeds available. The previous posters seem to have more recent experience of the situation though, so perhaps the crew have remedied the issue.

Thanks to all who have answered.

bkecky it seems we are on the same cruise....no doubt we will be bumping into each other trying to find two decent vacant beds!

Most probably! Which cruise is it you are on? Eventually we found a spot up the first set of steps that go up to the second set of steps to the QG deck, if that makes sense. It's hard to describe. But if you are struggling ask someone to point you in the direction of the QG sunbathing area and you will see what I mean. There was a complete open deck space with only about 5 sunbathers. I asked the waiter if we were allowed there if not in QG and he said yes because they were regular sunbeds and not the gold matressed ones. So if you do struggle I would recommend trying there because it seemed to be relatively unknown. I wouldn't have found it if I hadn't been going up to see how busy the QG was (I was in QG and my companion in Britannia).

Thanks bkecky....Aug 15th to the Med.

Great tip on the area approaching QG

Thank you

Maybe see you up there! There is a photo on my profile so if you see me and you are wandering around trying to find the area, you can grab me and ask where it is! I am usually taking a cocktail in the Winter Garden during peak sunbathing times.

Are pool towels available to take ashore for the beach ? If so are they in your cabin (as on P & O and Princess) or do you take one of the rolled up ones off a sunbed ?

Hi Marmaduke. copied from http://www.cunard.com/en-US/FAQs/On-Board/

Do you supply towels for around the pool?Towels will be supplied for use around the pool or to take ashore and will be replenished as required.

I've always found two green beach towels in my cabin bathroom upon arrival on QM2, and there are more available at the pools. The towels you take ashore are collected as you check back in, and the towels you use at the pool are put in hampers when you leave the pool area.

Regards,

Salacia

Archived