Topless Sun Decks

paulandfran

Best bet for topless sunbathing would be a high end suite with a private deck (like a Garden Villa on NCL.) 2nd best bet would be a balcony cabin, but do the research and make sure you are on the correct side of the ship based on what time you are planning to sunbathe :)

A little of subject but not really. I dont understand why us guys can go topless and women cant. I mean they have to wear hot bras adn all that stuff. It seams kinda backwards. I just never understood that.

I have a very funny story about the topless deck on RC. My husbands family takes a cruise ever year and the last crusie we had 146 family and friends in our group. Well one of my husbands cousins told me she went up to the topless deck to get a all over tan. She said she closed her eyes and relaxed and was enjoying the sun when one of the cruise staff walked up to her and covered her with a towel. She sat up and asked what was his problem? The man told her very nicely she had to cover herself! She told him, she had the right to go topless on this deck. The staff member told her "if this was my ship I would love to have a topless deck, but since I don't own this ship and this ship does NOT have a topless deck, I have to ask you ma'am to please cover yourself.

All I could do was laugh! She said she turned every color of red in the book and it was not a sun burn.

Thanks y'all. I don't mind wearing my top but I mostly like the topless areas because they're pretty much guaranteed to be kid-free. I've found in the other adult-only areas kids sneak in but topless areas they enforce a lot better .

I love kids but just like some quiet/adult-only time too. Appreciate the replies.

Francie :)

I like to tan topless whenever I can. I have a pool, so it's not a big deal. I did go topless on the tippy-top deck of Carnival Liberty, but tried to be discreet, and laid way up front, away from the steps. Was never called out. Whenever we go to the Caribbean, I always ask the resort/hotel, etc if they have any policy against it, before i bare myself. I don't prance around or anything, and I usually put my top back on to go in the water if there are lots of people/families around. :cool:

The thing that always amuses me is that when I do it, there's never another topless gal in sight. But, once I do... the tops come flying off! I guess there is 'strength in numbers'... The funniest part is always the guys we overhear encouraging their wives/gfs to go topless. And, the people who are on walks down the beach...wives hiding their men's eyes, gawking college boys elbowing each other, and other comments like "this must be a European resort". :D

I like to tan topless whenever I can. I have a pool, so it's not a big deal. I did go topless on the tippy-top deck of Carnival Liberty, but tried to be discreet, and laid way up front, away from the steps. Was never called out. Whenever we go to the Caribbean, I always ask the resort/hotel, etc if they have any policy against it, before i bare myself. I don't prance around or anything, and I usually put my top back on to go in the water if there are lots of people/families around. :cool:

The thing that always amuses me is that when I do it, there's never another topless gal in sight. But, once I do... the tops come flying off! I guess there is 'strength in numbers'... The funniest part is always the guys we overhear encouraging their wives/gfs to go topless. And, the people who are on walks down the beach...wives hiding their men's eyes, gawking college boys elbowing each other, and other comments like "this must be a European resort". :D

Yep I'm one who would join you. There's definitely strength in numbers. I don't put my top on to swim if I'm in a c/o area, I love swimming topless. But I do put it on when I walk down the beach. Otherwise there are too many stares and the poor guys get elbowed. :rolleyes:

Thanks y'all. I don't mind wearing my top but I mostly like the topless areas because they're pretty much guaranteed to be kid-free. I've found in the other adult-only areas kids sneak in but topless areas they enforce a lot better .

I love kids but just like some quiet/adult-only time too. Appreciate the replies.

Francie :)

Exactly. I love my kids (all four plus two grandkids) but REALLY like some time w/o kids on vacations with dh!

Most ships dont advertise that they have one. If you ask they will tell you no. Just search for the highest point on the ship, and find the stairs that lead up to it. Generally this is the spot. Just make sure you know who is up there. I went with my wife one time, and saw my sister topless. I'll never be the same. LOL:)

Most ships dont advertise that they have one. If you ask they will tell you no. Just search for the highest point on the ship, and find the stairs that lead up to it. Generally this is the spot. Just make sure you know who is up there. I went with my wife one time, and saw my sister topless. I'll never be the same. LOL:)

Thanks for the tips y'all. That's funny about your sister. I would totally NOT want to see my brother bottomless. :eek: So I get it!

I was on the Celebrity Constellation last year in the Caribbean and the front top deck was designated topless. A very small sign by the stairway - but it was there. Don't know if is still designated as such - check with the cruise line. And yes, it was used.

I was on the Celebrity Constellation last year in the Caribbean and the front top deck was designated topless. A very small sign by the stairway - but it was there. Don't know if is still designated as such - check with the cruise line. And yes, it was used.

Same on the Infinity in South America last summer. My wife used it a couple of times.

Archived