QV Inside Cabins- All the same?

Jacqueline

Are some bigger than others? I am thinking about a 12 day Med cruise in October with both pre- and post day stays in Italy. Rather than getting a balcony cabin, I am considering an inside.

My thought was to stay on deck 8 so I could readily get to open decks on deck 9. But perhaps those more experienced could advise?

Hi Jacqueline. Yes, there is a difference between QV interior cabins regarding size. The lowest categories (D8-D3) are approximately of the same size. But the D2 on Deck 1, and D1 on Decks 6 and 8, where you interested in, are fairly bigger and also have a sofa (the rest have just an armchair). They are spacious enough perhaps to accomodate a little party there, if you like.:) Please note that there are also less expensive D3 interior cabins on Deck 8, if you don't want to make the extra expenditure.

Booking an inside cabin can be a nice idea. Whatever type of interior cabin you choose, you have exactly the same amenities (toiletries, TV, fridge, etc) and steward service as the balcony cabins. You normally get a nice deep, uninterrupted sleep. And you can save sometimes extra sums of money to spend on other onboard or on shore activities to enrich your cruise experience.

Are some bigger than others? I am thinking about a 12 day Med cruise in October with both pre- and post day stays in Italy. Rather than getting a balcony cabin, I am considering an inside.

My thought was to stay on deck 8 so I could readily get to open decks on deck 9. But perhaps those more experienced could advise?

Text removed. Previous poster provided a much more informative and knowledgeable reply.

J

Text removed. Previous poster provided a much more informative and knowledgeable reply.

J

Oh my! Thank you heartily for complimenting this way my humble mediocrity...:o

I just like spending time on brochures while in the toilet, you know.:D:D

Please note that there are also less expensive D3 interior cabins on Deck 8, if you don't want to make the extra expenditure.

We've been allocated a D3 on deck 8 (booked D8 guarantee) and I was concerned that it's towards the stern of the ship, particularly as DH felt queasy in the past, when going round the Bay of Biscay once

I was hoping we might get moved, but so far we seem to be stuck there :rolleyes:

Robert, thank you for the excellent response. For a 12 day it would be nice to have a sofa in the room, esp as there is no balcony.

I am looking at a port intensive itinerary and I would like to put more of my money towards private guides and so forth to enhance the experience.

I like the high decks with an inside cabin as it is just one flight up to the open decks to view the sights and get fresh air.

In November 2009, I was on QV in a D1 and my mum had a D6. I don't think the difference in size was really worth the extra money. If you do book a D1, I would avoid 8051, that's the cabin I had and I was kept awake on the first night as the sea was quite rough and there was a lot of banging and squeeking going on.

Archived