What about Italy!?

caribbeansun

Which port is your personal favourite?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which port is your personal favourite?

• Rome
    • Portofino
    • Cinque Terre
    • Monte Carlo
    • Livorno (Pisa/Florence)
    • Amalfi
    • Sorrento
    • Taormina (Sicily)
    • Corfu
    • Kotor
    • Dubrovnik
    • Venice

Time to lighten things up a bit - we are fortunate to be able to visit Italy this fall and are on an O cruise that starts in Rome and ends in Venice.

Tell me which ONE of the ports was your favourite (I know, I know, picking only one is difficult if not impossible - you'll have to humor me) AND tell me what was your favourite thing to do in that port.

Just for fun I've listed in the poll all of the ports :D

Cheers!

We also really liked Dubrovnik, Corfu, and Amalfi.

We've elected to avoid cruises with stops in "Rome" and "Florence" because those cities are so far from the actual ports.

...Venice, in a heart beat, didn't even have to think about it for a nanosecond! There's virtually nowhere else like Venice, cruising into or out of this port is an absolutely amazing event all on its own. Don't miss it...!!

...sorry, but I can't even begin to tell you what you can do there, there's way too much, just wandering around this amazing city is incredibly rewarding. How many places can you go to where the city buses and taxis are all boats, everything is a boat, including the policecar, firetruck, ambulance, garbage truck, and even the moving vans. And make sure you go on a gondola ride, you just can't go to Venice and not go on one of the cities icons...

cheers,

the Imagineer

We've elected to avoid cruises with stops in "Rome" and "Florence" because those cities are so far from the actual ports.

I agree about Civitavecchia for Rome, but Livorno (the port for Florence) has Lucca and Pisa nearby.

However, we would prefer to visit more unusual ports along the Dalmation coast, such as Kotor, Dubrovnik, Split, etc. and those ports usually include Venice departures or disembarkation.

We would also prefer an overnight on the ship in Venice on either end of the cruise.

No worries, I wasn't really looking for ideas - we've pretty much decided on what we are going to do anyway - just thought this might be a nice break from the "other" threads.

I will say that I am a bit surprised by the results though - I'll be interested to see where we end up with a few more data points.

...sorry, but I can't even begin to tell you what you can do there, there's way too much

Archived