trip ins.-what should I be looking for?

We are Canadian snowbirds. We will have already purchased our travel health ins by the time we leave for Arizona in Oct. We are going on the Star in Feb 2011 and I was thinking maybe we need some kind of baggage/trip cancellation type of insurance. We don't need medical. What should I be looking for, would NCL be selling this kind of insurance? I apparently am confused with all the different products on the market..

Thanks for opinions and help.. Dona :confused:

I am not quite clear what you are asking. You have already purchased medical insurance, and you are wondering if you should purchase some kind of trip interruption/cancellation/baggage insurance.

Where did you purchase your medical insurance? Would they offer this kind of coverage as an add-on to your current policy. Usually if you do not purchase cruise air, it's my understanding you cannot insure the air portion of your trip through the cruiseline insurance, which I wouldn't purchase anyway.

Try going to insuremytrip.com and see if they offer something you need. You can choose some companies and discuss your situations with the agents.

we purchase medical for our 5 month stay in the US. We drive down and pull our trailer. We are going on the cruise,in Feb, flying from Yuma to LA then straight to the cruise. I did contact our travel health, they said for trip interruption, it would have to start at the beginning of our original trip leaving Canada, can't make that happen., as we go to Arizona in late Oct.Sorry I didn't phrase this correctly. NCL sells it before final payment, sounded a little high at 129.00 each for 7 days..Dona

They are based on your age and total cost of trip and normally reimburse at around 75-80% of the cost. Try InsureMyTrip or you can try Access America. They sell trip interruption/cancellation insurance and medical together and separately. You can google it.

Archived