Ricky's Tours in Hilo....

RoperDK

Over the last two weeks I've tried e-mailing Ricky's Tours twice with no reply, maybe his e-mail is also down.:rolleyes:

Debr

I had no problem using the email address provided on this thread. As you can tell by my previous post this was very recently.

Hi debr

On the 28 of January I contacted him on the email sight above and got a reply that night he did have a virus in his web sight then so it might be all down now keep trying he will answer some time

He also said he someone looking in to the sight trying to fix it

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

We just returned from a cruise on Carnival Spirit and had a CC excursion booked with Ricky. He is a very knowledgable guide and took us to a lot of places including the Volcano National Park, Macadamia Nut Hut, Orchid Gardens, Rainbow Falls. He uses 10 passenger vans. The only problem I had with that was that there were lots of stops and my husband and I were in the back row of seats and had to crawl over the wheel well each time which was difficult since my husband was still recovering from knee surgery. The tour in all was excellent and for the price of $60.00 which is payable by cash only at the end of the tour was excellent compared to the price of the cruise ship excursions. He was on time at pickup and dropped us off well ahead of time on the return. He does provide bottled water, but there is no lunch provided and the tour is 6.5 hours in length. You can't take any food off the ship, they will confiscate it if they see it..but there is a snack bar at the Macadamia Nut Shop if you need a light snack. Would use Ricky again if we have the opportunity to return to Hawaii.

• 1 month later...

We took a tour with Ricky's a couple of weeks ago. Ricky was definitely on time as he was waiting for us when we got off the Star Princess. Ricky was very informative and told lots of stories and gave valuable information about the places we were going to visit. I would recommend Ricky's Tours to anyone who is stopping in Hilo .... much more relaxing than renting and car and having to drive yourself to the same destinations. You won't regret booking through Ricky's. :o

We took a tour with Ricky's a couple of weeks ago. Ricky was definitely on time as he was waiting for us when we got off the Star Princess. Ricky was very informative and told lots of stories and gave valuable information about the places we were going to visit. I would recommend Ricky's Tours to anyone who is stopping in Hilo .... much more relaxing than renting and car and having to drive yourself to the same destinations. You won't regret booking through Ricky's. :o

Glad he was there for you. We had reservations back in September that I confirmed several times with him. But we got off the ship 10 minutes late as we did not anticipate the long lines both getting off the ship and the long line on the pier. Ricky must have been happy with the group he had that day as he left us, claimed later in an email he was not allowed to wait on the pier. However we ended up getting on another van that spent 15 minutes getting a full load. So much for the excuse he was not allowed to wait on the pier. I guess the 8-10 passengers he had on the van were worth more than two waiting in line. :rolleyes:

Glad he was there for you. We had reservations back in September that I confirmed several times with him. But we got off the ship 10 minutes late as we did not anticipate the long lines both getting off the ship and the long line on the pier. Ricky must have been happy with the group he had that day as he left us, claimed later in an email he was not allowed to wait on the pier. However we ended up getting on another van that spent 15 minutes getting a full load. So much for the excuse he was not allowed to wait on the pier. I guess the 8-10 passengers he had on the van were worth more than two waiting in line. :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear of your experience. Ricky waited for almost 30 minutes PAST our "prearranged pickup time" for a couple on our tour. I guess it depends on who is working on the pier on which day to determine how long you can wait on the pier. I am glad you were able to get on another tour though.

• 9 months later...

We used Ricky's Tours last week while in port at Hilo. He was on time and very accommodating. I love that he uses a van instead of a tour bus. He switched our itinerary around (same stops just different order) so that we would avoid the crowds of the large tour buses. He works very hard and his tour fees are an incredible value for the service you receive. He is very knowledgeable not just about Hilo but all the islands. I would strongly recommend his services! ~Dominique

Archived