Vision of the Seas Baltics review

Thanks for the review. It's good to know what I'm getting into next May. I'm mainly using the ship as transportation to these ports. I'm okay with the ship not being spectacular, as long as it's not horrible. This cruise is for the itinerary. Will do Oasis for the ship that december! It all works out! Also helps that we're doing MTD because I hate long main seating dinings!

After your comment about the formal nights, part of me is considering skipps them and doing the buffet that night to not lug the tux and dress shoes overseas. Your thoughts on this?

Thanks for the review. It's good to know what I'm getting into next May. I'm mainly using the ship as transportation to these ports. I'm okay with the ship not being spectacular, as long as it's not horrible. This cruise is for the itinerary. Will do Oasis for the ship that december! It all works out! Also helps that we're doing MTD because I hate long main seating dinings!

After your comment about the formal nights, part of me is considering skipps them and doing the buffet that night to not lug the tux and dress shoes overseas. Your thoughts on this?

We are sailing with you next May and have already decided to leave the formal stuff at home and eat in the buffet on formal nights - a first for us but I'm sure it will be fine:)

Sue

Sorry your cruise was lackluster..I would have imagined you would have been sailing for the itinerary the Baltics has to offer..We are sailing to the Baltics in 2 weeks but have chosen RCI's Jewel.. (just curious why did you choose the sailing you did ?).We have been on the Vision many times, it's an older ship...yes...but still one of our favorites..Hope your next cruise will be more to your liking...:)

We just returned from a mid July Baltic cruise on Vision of the Seas -- not sure if it was the same one. We had previously been on the sister ship, Rhapsody, when it was quite new.

The Vison was somewhat dated, but in good overall shape. We were there for the itinerary and it was great. Given the port intensive nature of the cruise and our great tablemates at the late dinner seating, we really didn't have time for entertainment/shows.

The food in the main dining room was VERY good at dinner -- much better than we had expected, give some of the reviews. I only went to the Windjammer once. Formal nights weren't very formal, but we didn't mind.

Our only gripes were really with the inadequacy of guest relations when we

had questions or problems.

All in all, we had a great cruise on Vision.

It wasn't horrible at all, just bland. But, the ship will be refurbed soon so it should at least look better!

Leave home the formal attire! One of my table mates was wearing a pullover sweater and no tie or jacket! So you don't have to miss the dining room if you don't want to.

Sorry your cruise was lackluster..I would have imagined you would have been sailing for the itinerary the Baltics has to offer..We are sailing to the Baltics in 2 weeks but have chosen RCI's Jewel.. (just curious why did you choose the sailing you did ?).We have been on the Vision many times, it's an older ship...yes...but still one of our favorites..Hope your next cruise will be more to your liking...:)

I chose the itinerary and my traveling buddy picked the ship!

The itinerary was wonderful so that more than made up for the lackluster ship.

As i said in the review, there is no such thing as a bad cruise (unless you are on the Titanic)

We're on Vision the end of nx mo. I picked it because of the ports and it leaves fr Copenhagen.We're doing a pre cruise for 3 nites to see CPH. As long as the ship is clean and safe, and hopefully we get a nice table wih interesting tablemates, we'll be OK.

We plan to sightsee during the day and enjoy our meal at nite.

We're on Vision the end of nx mo. I picked it because of the ports and it leaves fr Copenhagen.We're doing a pre cruise for 3 nites to see CPH. As long as the ship is clean and safe, and hopefully we get a nice table wih interesting tablemates, we'll be OK.

We plan to sightsee during the day and enjoy our meal at nite.

I think this trip will fit the bill for you. It is clean and safe and I hope you have as nice a group of table mates as we did!

It wasn't horrible at all, just bland. But, the ship will be refurbed soon so it should at least look better!

Leave home the formal attire! One of my table mates was wearing a pullover sweater and no tie or jacket! So you don't have to miss the dining room if you don't want to.

I can manage bland. That's what my Kindle and iPod and laptop are for. I need bland to offset the massive excursioning while in Europe! ;)

I will probably have my husband bring a couple of dress shirt and black slacks and if that's not good enough, we'll do the windjammer. I think he'll be happy not to lug the suit overseas and keep it as simple as possible. I don't want to be lugging 3 large suitcases on this trip!

We are sailing with you next May and have already decided to leave the formal stuff at home and eat in the buffet on formal nights - a first for us but I'm sure it will be fine:)

Sue

You guys are smart! :) So we'll try for formal and if the dress slacks don't fly, we'll be with you at the Windjammer! The more I think about it, the dummer the notion of lugging a full suit, two dress shirta and shiny shoes on a cruise just for those dinners. We do nice dinners all the other time, can afford to take a break in this case. ;)

We are also booked on the Vision for next May in the Baltics and as I recall I saw on the board here somewhere that the Vision is going into dry dock in December '10 for a refurb, so that will be nice for those of us sailing after it's done!

Archived