Muranos & Wine

Jerry and Shelly

I was just on Solstice last week. Actually, I think I was in Murano exactly a week ago. Unfortunately, the premium package will not cover the wine pairings. And, the wine selection under $12 was very limited in Murano. I had some OK wine but I honestly had some better ones in the MDR that were under the $12 limit.

Would the Premium Package cover the wine pairing cost in Muranos? If it is not included, could you just order the same or similar wines on the Premium Package to create your own wine pairings?

No, there are exclusions. The packages do not claim to include everyhting.

I was just on Solstice last week. Actually, I think I was in Murano exactly a week ago. Unfortunately, the premium package will not cover the wine pairings. And, the wine selection under $12 was very limited in Murano. I had some OK wine but I honestly had some better ones in the MDR that were under the $12 limit.

Am considering the premium package and was wondering about the extent of $12 a glass selection in Murano.

Called both Captains Club and the 800 # for beverage information and asked what wines are available by the glass under the premium package at Murano and Tuscan Grille.

In both instances they said there were many choices available, but could not give me specifics:confused:

Do you recall how many wines are in the $12 range?

I think we're going to wait to purchase until onboard. Perhaps we'll have a chance to look at Muano's and Tuscan's wine list first.

Thanks,

Mari:)

Take a look at these menus. Murano's mostly are not going to fit in....

http://schplinky.smugmug.com/Solstice-2010/Bar-Menus/12454637_Aaaum#891992847_h9MKg

I did take a look at that the menus, but do not see Murano's complete wine list. Surely they have offer more than 4 wines by the glass regardless of price.:confused:

<snip>Do you recall how many wines are in the $12 range?

<snip>

I only recall there being 1 red wine option under the $12 pkg price cap. Pretty sure it was a merlot and not very good. They did have at least 2 whites under $12 although the Chardonnay I tried was fairly boring in taste and body.

I only recall there being 1 red wine option under the $12 pkg price cap. Pretty sure it was a merlot and not very good. They did have at least 2 whites under $12 although the Chardonnay I tried was fairly boring in taste and body.

I recall their being very limited wine-by-the-glass options. Of course, there were plenty of really expensive bottles of wine. I think I remember seeing a $7000 bottle of wine!!!

I was onboard last month with the premium package, and the one red "by the glass" offering under $12 on the night I was there was basically undrinkable. (unless you had already imbibed 6 or 7 glasses of good stuff and no longer cared)

I'm by no means a wine snob, but I still have functional taste buds. The venison was so good I had nearly forgotten about the wine until I saw this thread.

I was onboard last month with the premium package, and the one red "by the glass" offering under $12 on the night I was there was basically undrinkable. (unless you had already imbibed 6 or 7 glasses of good stuff and no longer cared)

I'm by no means a wine snob, but I still have functional taste buds. The venison was so good I had nearly forgotten about the wine until I saw this thread.

Thanks for the info.

I see once again that the Celebrity reps have given out erroneous information.:(

They stated there was a good selection of wines in the $12 priced range available in both Murano and Tuscan Grille.

Strong suggestion:

Find the two BEST (under-$12.01) wines aboard the ship (one white, one red). They will probably be available at one of the bars. Pick up a glass of one of them to carry into Murano (or another S.R.). Then, if you want a refill or replacement, "bribe" the S.R.'s sommelier to take care of you by going out to the applicable bar(s). If he/she won't do it, do it yourself, as though you were going out to use a restroom.

Although some may frown upon this, I would not care about their opinion. They cannot control your life, and you are helping yourself to have the best possible time.

Strong suggestion:

Find the two BEST (under-$12.01) wines aboard the ship (one white, one red). They will probably be available at one of the bars. Pick up a glass of one of them to carry into Murano (or another S.R.). Then, if you want a refill or replacement, "bribe" the S.R.'s sommelier to take care of you by going out to the applicable bar(s). If he/she won't do it, do it yourself, as though you were going out to use a restroom.

Although some may frown upon this, I would not care about their opinion. They cannot control your life, and you are helping yourself to have the best possible time.

Thanks for the advice!

I think we'll wait to we get onboard and speak directly with the sommelier.

We are dining five times at Murano, and don't want to worry about finding consumable wine.

Perhaps i'll buy the premium package for my martinis, coffees and water, and dh can order per drink and bottle.

Thanks for the info.

I see once again that the Celebrity reps have given out erroneous information.:(

They stated there was a good selection of wines in the $12 priced range available in both Murano and Tuscan Grille.

I did not dine at the Tuscan Grille, so I cannot speak for the wine list there.

The wine pairings in Murano are $89 EXTRA on top of the 35 per person for the dinner! This is stated on the menu.

And, yes, they had very few wines on Equinox that were in the range of the premium package.

I love the idea of bringing in your own glass of wine. Watch them put a cap on that.

Archived