The dining rooms on the dream look real tacky

csoud

from the pics that i can see. The dining rooms seem to have light bulbs all over the ceiling that seem to resemble bathroom lighting. this, i can tell, is where rccl really outdoes carnival. The dining rooms on rccl are beautiful.

i have been on the sensation and the glory..just dont remember the dining rooms being that way. i mean, they werent classy, but this seems a bit much..btw, i am booked on this cruise, so i will see for myself.

I enjoy carnival, this will be my 3rd cruise. i was just taken aback at the photos and thought i was in a nightclub for a minute.

from the pics that i can see. The dining rooms seem to have light bulbs all over the ceiling that seem to resemble bathroom lighting. this, i can tell, is where rccl really outdoes carnival. The dining rooms on rccl are beautiful.

Certainly everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I have sailed on the Dream and I can tell you that the Main Dining Rooms are gorgeous...

:)

I don't think most people go on Carnival for the Decor. Have you been on the Freedom - Awful!! I have seen pictures of most of the ships and I wasn't impressed. I don't care much about that though personally.

I didn't think it was tacky. Had some great meals there. I have read that RCCL's ships have a different decor and I have also read that most people prefer the food on Carnival.

I am more interested in how the food taste than in what the dining room looks like.

i have been on the sensation and the glory..just dont remember the dining rooms being that way. i mean, they werent classy, but this seems a bit much..btw, i am booked on this cruise, so i will see for myself.

I enjoy carnival, this will be my 3rd cruise. i was just taken aback at the photos and thought i was in a nightclub for a minute.

If I may ask a question... you've been on two cruises... soon to be three... all on Carnival. How do you know that RCCL is so much more classy?

:confused:

Hmmm....lets weigh this...."tacky" lighting and award winning food, or G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S dining room and food that is "just ok" at best. I'll take the former. Just me. :rolleyes:

I really loved the Crimson Dining Room on the Dream. Cant remember what it looked liked, but my favorite people were there with me, the food and the service were perfect.We had a great time. Ken Byrne was our Maitre'd.He is very involved in his dining rooms,a lot of attention to detail.

You should see the one on the Miracle.

I've been on the Miracle too. Ok it was a little bit gaudy:cool:

but I was so busy gnoshing away on my melting cake, that it didn't bother me. Heck, anywhere I can have a meal served to me, instead of the other way around works just fine.

If I may ask a question... you've been on two cruises... soon to be three... all on Carnival. How do you know that RCCL is so much more classy?

:confused:

i never said all my cruises were all on carnival. maybe you read it that way but i didnt say that. i said i sailed carnival twice before and this will be my third cruise. i dont recall saying how many times i sailed on another line, but ok.:cool:

I don't think most people go on Carnival for the Decor. Have you been on the Freedom - Awful!! I have seen pictures of most of the ships and I wasn't impressed. I don't care much about that though personally. I think they look gaudy like Vegas type. The Miracle I was on too for a wedding and yuck too.

Personally, I couldn't care less what the MDR looks like as long as I recieve good service and the food tastes great, to each his own. I never understand why people get so caught up in the decor.

Tacky? Maybe. Or maybe not.

But the OJ is free... :D

i just did an rccl cruise and it was nice. Not great, nice. the first day that breakfast was served, sunday, i entered the windjammer and there was a guy at the door who said "fresh squeezed oj"? i saw the machine and thought, wow that is nice. i took the glass turned to go and he said "seapass, please"..damn cup cost 3 bucks..

I've been on the Miracle too. Ok it was a little bit gaudy:cool:

but I was so busy gnoshing away on my melting cake, that it didn't bother me. Heck, anywhere I can have a meal served to me, instead of the other way around works just fine.

that is all i am am sayin. i know the food will be good and i will have a good time, i just made a comment about the decor..this gentleman just said he was on the miracle and admitted it was a bit gaudy, but had a great time because he was focused on the food and not the decor. same here.

Tacky? Maybe. Or maybe not.

But the OJ is free... :D

hahaha..now that is funny. that brings up a whole other topic. while the enchantment of the seas had a stunning dining room, the damn ship crew were experts in taking your seapass card. that did piss me off. i told my other when she booked this ccl cruise that it was going to be nice not hearing someone saying "seapass" every 5 minutes..kudos to ccl for that.

Tacky? No, not really.

Gaudy, loud, jarring? Absolutely, but that's the hand of Joe Farcus.

If you're looking for an elegant, classy dining room, you'd best be booking Cunard.

Rather have a tacky DR [CCL] than tacky food [RCL]. I've never chewed on the decor anywhere.

Archived