The dining rooms on the dream look real tacky

csoud

Tacky? No, not really.

Gaudy, loud, jarring? Absolutely, but that's the hand of Joe Farcus.

If you're looking for an elegant, classy dining room, you'd best be booking Cunard.

Celebrity's aren't bad either.

i never said all my cruises were all on carnival. maybe you read it that way but i didnt say that. i said i sailed carnival twice before and this will be my third cruise. i dont recall saying how many times i sailed on another line, but ok.:cool:

You SAID you sailed on the Sensation and the Glory and that this will be your third cruise. That = 2 CCL cruise with the 3rd CCL cruise coming up and 0,Zed, Nada, RCL cruises. R U trolling for controversy today?

from the pics that i can see. The dining rooms seem to have light bulbs all over the ceiling that seem to resemble bathroom lighting. this, i can tell, is where rccl really outdoes carnival. The dining rooms on rccl are beautiful.

Why so picky? Why do the lightbulbs in the dining room matter?

from the pics that i can see. The dining rooms seem to have light bulbs all over the ceiling that seem to resemble bathroom lighting. this, i can tell, is where rccl really outdoes carnival. The dining rooms on rccl are beautiful.

Would you prefer to eat in the dark?

I've been on the Miracle too. Ok it was a little bit gaudy:cool:

but I was so busy gnoshing away on my melting cake, that it didn't bother me. Heck, anywhere I can have a meal served to me, instead of the other way around works just fine.

Oh don't you worry, I don't mind big purple grapes everywhere...chocolate melting cake in front of me or not! :)

Why so picky? Why do the lightbulbs in the dining room matter?

But oh, my dear husband, they do matter!!! Nothing could ever be more important!! (NOT making fun of anyone with this one. I promise! Ilovecruising will attest to this, I'm just messing with her <3)

i never said all my cruises were all on carnival. maybe you read it that way but i didnt say that. i said i sailed carnival twice before and this will be my third cruise. i dont recall saying how many times i sailed on another line, but ok.:cool:
Simple math says you have sailed zero times on other cruise lines.

Unless of course, you simply lied.

I really loved the Crimson Dining Room on the Dream. Cant remember what it looked liked, but my favorite people were there with me, the food and the service were perfect.We had a great time. Ken Byrne was our Maitre'd.He is very involved in his dining rooms,a lot of attention to detail.

Absolutely! Never pay that much attention to the decor and carpet, but LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the food and the great waiter, assistant, and Maitre D' we had (Thanks Wilmer, Cynthia and Ken!).

You SAID you sailed on the Sensation and the Glory and that this will be your third cruise. That = 2 CCL cruise with the 3rd CCL cruise coming up and 0,Zed, Nada, RCL cruises. R U trolling for controversy today?

yes, my third cruise. i didnt specify that they were all on carnival. the dream will be my 3rd cruise. ON carnival. clearly you misread my meaning. thanks for your interest.

Of course Carnival is tacky, in poor taste and over the top, designed to please the masses from mid-America. If you are looking for an elegant ship don't choose Carnival. (And, before I get the "those snobs have never cruised Carnival" routine, I HAVE cruised Carnival but don't anymore.) The line does a great job for their "looking to meet new friends" demographic. (You have NOT been able to make friends where you live and expect to do so with strangers on a cruise ship?) Delighted all you Carnival folks love it so. Believe me you should stay there and be happy Trying any alternative line would be disloyal.

Of course Carnival is tacky, in poor taste and over the top, designed to please the masses from mid-America. If you are looking for an elegant ship don't choose Carnival. (And, before I get the "those snobs have never cruised Carnival" routine, I HAVE cruised Carnival but don't anymore.)
So why are you reading the Carnival forum? :confused: Just slumming? :p

StillPooh: I like to read many boards. You learn things. I resent you minding my business and telling me what I should or should not do. By the way, your Carnival Cheerleader costume looks great on you!
Hey, I have several posts in this thread agreeing that Carnival's decor is more than a bit over-the-top. I just don't care about that! :p Unwedge your knickers, dearie, and take a nice big poop. It'll do wonders for your mood.

Of course Carnival is tacky, in poor taste and over the top, designed to please the masses from mid-America. If you are looking for an elegant ship don't choose Carnival. (And, before I get the "those snobs have never cruised Carnival" routine, I HAVE cruised Carnival but don't anymore.) The line does a great job for their "looking to meet new friends" demographic. (You have NOT been able to make friends where you live and expect to do so with strangers on a cruise ship?) Delighted all you Carnival folks love it so. Believe me you should stay there and be happy Trying any alternative line would be disloyal.

You don't sound too "LaidBack"

yes, my third cruise. i didnt specify that they were all on carnival. the dream will be my 3rd cruise. ON carnival. clearly you misread my meaning. thanks for your interest.

Clearly your message was garbled and unclear.

This is what makes Carnival... Carnival. Carnival is flashy and sort of Vegas like. Most may say tacky but I say delightfully tacky :)

It is a cruise ship and all about fun. Carnival took some heat for keeping the "tacky" or dated 80s style on a new ship like the Dream. But it is the signature Carnival style... very flashy.

Thank goodness not all cruise lines are the same, right?

Archived