Back to Back Alaska

Brandy Kay

I did this last year on the Dawn Princess and had an excellent experience. I would definitely do it again.

I sailed to Alaska several years ago and had really rainy weather in Alaska. I sort of went into my B2B with the thinking that hopefully I would get one good day in each port. I ended up with beautiful weather all 14 days. The first week I did a bunch of excursions (since the weather was good) and the second week, I still did excursions but it was at a relaxed pace.

The glaicers looked different the 2nd time we saw them. There was much more ice in College Fiords the 2nd time and you see the glaciers at different times of the day - they definitely look different.

I say go for it! There is enough to do at each port - it really won't be a repeat cruise.

B2B is the best way to do Alaska. I sail on the Sun Princess in May on my 2nd B2B on her , also did a B2B on the Statendam. These will be #'s 10 and 11 in Alaska as I obviously love it.

Like Coral said my firsrt hope was that I'd get good weather on at least one week but have have very good weather overall on all my trips so far. (May/June being my preference) I like Princess so went with them but would much prefer to have turnaround in Seward as that is really a nice area. If you do a B2B out of here be sure and book a full day Kenai fjords tour, or else visit Exit Glacier. Having two weeks takes off the pressure to see everything a bit and you can relax and enjoy the sights a bit more. You can also adjust shore excursions if the weather is bad and hope for better the second week.

Go for it, you won't regret the second week.

Doug

We are considering a back to back Alaska cruise. Any suggestions? tips? etc.? If you've done one was it a good experience? Two years ago we went from Vancouver to Seward and it was wonderful!

Hi!

We have no experience on Crystal, but they are offering a unique itinerary on the Crystal Harmony in May - 12 night roundtrip from Vancouver. The trip looks fantastic and the price (for Crystal) is great!

Archived