Chair Hogs???

amillard222

Just wanted to know if chair saving is really a big problem? We will be going on our first cruise on the Fantasy on Sept. 24 and I have heard it is one of the smaller ships. Hubby and I will want to lay out in the sun (not really interested in swimming in the pool or hot tubs). Are we going to have to get up early and skip breakfast just to be able to get a chair??? Anyone have any experiance with chair hogs that you want to share?:eek:

we sailed the fantasy last September from new orleans the ship was sold out and we were always able to locate a chair on the serenity deck .

Dont stress it also at the very top of the ship hardly anyone was ever up there kinda windy.

Just wanted to know if chair saving is really a big problem? We will be going on our first cruise on the Fantasy on Sept. 24 and I have heard it is one of the smaller ships. Hubby and I will want to lay out in the sun (not really interested in swimming in the pool or hot tubs). Are we going to have to get up early and skip breakfast just to be able to get a chair??? Anyone have any experiance with chair hogs that you want to share?:eek:

Have never had a problem getting a chair. It is the chairs around the pool that are hogged out.

I've never had a problem finding a chair on Fantasy but if you do, just ask an attendant to help you find one. They usually have extra chairs stored in stacks and they can get you one if you need them to. If you're not picky about where you sit you should have no trouble at all.

I was on the Inspiration at the end of June. No problems with chairs.

If you want one right next to the pool or waterslides...now that's a different story.

We spent most of our time on the deck above the pool area. Got a great view of the pool (to watch the kids) and the shows. It's alot cooler up there too with all the wind. We usually got the chairs near the stairs so the us and the kids could get back and forth easier.

If you want a chair near the pool you will have a problem...but then again, just go and find an area you like and scope it out for a bit...if no one comes to claim it within a half hour, it is fair game...

People will wake up and put there stuff out in the AM and go back to bed and then breakfast and come up at like 10:30-11 and think that is OK...I don't think so...

Every Cruise we have sailed on we have always sat on the top deck to get our tan. When we get hot we walk down and take a dip in the pool.

We found this to work the best so we are not squezzed in like sardines by the pool

If you want a chair near the pool you will have a problem...but then again, just go and find an area you like and scope it out for a bit...if no one comes to claim it within a half hour, it is fair game...

People will wake up and put there stuff out in the AM and go back to bed and then breakfast and come up at like 10:30-11 and think that is OK...I don't think so...

What do you do with the person's stuff that's on the chair?

I agree...I dont mind if you're just going to grab something to eat or a drink, but for goodness sakes, don't try and reserve a chair for 2 hrs....

What do you do with the person's stuff that's on the chair?

Ask one of the workers to move it for you, sometimes they will & sometimes they would rather mind their own business.

Some ships i notice the staff removing books and flipflops from getting their daily tan, other ships it's just a free for all where 1/2 the lounges are quietly hosting romance novel get togethers.;)

I agree...I dont mind if you're just going to grab something to eat or a drink, but for goodness sakes, don't try and reserve a chair for 2 hrs....

Personally I wouldn't move anyone's stuff I'd just find another chair or I'd get there earlier if I was picky about where I wanted to sit. Having said that, asking an attendant to move someone's stuff after two hours does seem more reasonable than grabbing someone else's chair after only 30 minutes. Sometimes it takes that long just to go get a burger and bring it back if there's a long line. I would hate to come back ready to eat and find someone took my chair.

sometimes that doesnt even work. i am a single cruiser and have had many problems. two times have i set my belongings on a chair and gone to the cafe just to get something, come back and some biker dude is in my spot. invariably i get a smart ass comment that i wasnt there and being a chair hog.

also in the lido cafe i have set my drink on the table, went through the buffet, only to come back and my stuff is gone..irks me.

My husband and I had trouble finding any available chairs on Destiny and we weren't trying to get by the pool.

Last cruise we were on the Triumph and there were 13 in our group so that was also an issue to find chairs - so one morning my sister and I went out at 7am and got some chairs and we did sit there the whole time. But we did see many people come out put their stuff on places and leave and one group never did return but their stuff stayed so I'm thinking they must have came in the evening to retrieve it - strange - I'm sure it was the thought that if they decide to sun they will have a spot.

We saw some girls take stuff off loungers and when the owners of the stuff returned 2hrs later they were so mad they flipped 1 of the girls off the chair!!!! And the Carnival staff just avoided the situation - it was really poor taste.

My husband and I had trouble finding any available chairs on Destiny and we weren't trying to get by the pool.

Last cruise we were on the Triumph and there were 13 in our group so that was also an issue to find chairs - so one morning my sister and I went out at 7am and got some chairs and we did sit there the whole time. But we did see many people come out put their stuff on places and leave and one group never did return but their stuff stayed so I'm thinking they must have came in the evening to retrieve it - strange - I'm sure it was the thought that if they decide to sun they will have a spot.

We saw some girls take stuff off loungers and when the owners of the stuff returned 2hrs later they were so mad they flipped 1 of the girls off the chair!!!! And the Carnival staff just avoided the situation - it was really poor taste.

Wow. Luckily I've never cruised with some of these people. I wouldn't move someone's stuff but I also wouldn't flip them off the chair if they moved my stuff. I read yesterday that someone said they'd tell someone to go back to their cabin and change their shirt if they didn't like the one a tablemate was wearing. Others were bragging about other rude comments. I'm glad I live where I do. People don't act like that around here!

You mean that stuff left on the chairs earlry in the morning isn't freebies put out by Carnival. Oh My! I think I need to return some stuff. I thought it was a secret daily treasure drop that Carnival did on all the ships......:confused:

You mean that stuff left on the chairs earlry in the morning isn't freebies put out by Carnival. Oh My! I think I need to return some stuff. I thought it was a secret daily treasure drop that Carnival did on all the ships......:confused:

Hey that would be a fun game!!

We just got off the Fantasy. My daughter and I were able to find chairs in the sun on the Serenity deck every morning. I am an early riser, and usually had my chair by 8:30 or so, but people were so nice about asking if anyone needed a chair. I've never seen such a congenial group of people! (Maybe it was because it was the Serenity area...with no kids. I love kids, but as a teacher, it was nice to spend my days in a kid-free zone, for a change!!)

Ask for assistance, if you get none, ask for a supervisor (staff HATE when you ask for a supervisor!

Or

Turn the chairs around, move their stuff to one chair further away...Sit and swear the people right before you got up and left.

Stand there and scream 'CHAIR HOG" as loud as you can! Keep doing it until staff comes over and asks you to quiet down...In a loud voice, yell "Sexual Harassment"

Archived