Royal Clipper Deck Plan question

CruiserDoc

I have a question about the deck plan in regards to the Clipper Deck aft. The area labeled "Gallery" seems to block the hallways from going through on each side.

1) How do you access the cabin door for cabins 256 & 243? It looks like stairs are in the way.

2) Does the hallway go through from cabins 254 all the way to the aft?

Any insight would be helpful.

I have a question about the deck plan in regards to the Clipper Deck aft. The area labeled "Gallery" seems to block the hallways from going through on each side.

1) How do you access the cabin door for cabins 256 & 243? It looks like stairs are in the way.

2) Does the hallway go through from cabins 254 all the way to the aft?

Any insight would be helpful.

We were in cabin 234 on our Royal Clipper cruise.

The aft "gallery" area is really the ship's store. The "walls", as drawn, don't really exist and passengers have direct access to their aft cabins.

The stairs in the cabin 256/243 area aren't drawn accurately. If I recall correctly, there is a single stair case that leads down to a little used hallway at the rear of the dining room. We occasionally use this stair case to leave the dining room when the spiral stair case was filled with people.

Enjoy!

MSN-Travelers: Thanks for the info--just what I was looking for!! Another question for you; do you think there's a disadvantage to the cabins around the "shops" area? I've heard all the way to the aft can be noisy; what about by the shops? Did you notice alot of motion in cabin #234?

Thanks!

Tom

The "shop" is a series of display type cases where clothing stuff is available for sale during limited hours during the day. It should be a non-factor in choosing a cabin.

I want to back track a little on the aft staircases. The port side of the ship should have one staircase going down to the dining room deck and one staircase going up to the main deck with exit immediately behind the Tropical Bar. The starboard side should have one flight of steps going up to the main deck with exit immediately behind the Tropical Bar. These staircases do not interfere with access to the cabins in that area.

Maximum passenger capacity is 227. We had 185 people aboard on our cruise. Other than dinner and afternoon snack, you never had more than a couple dozen people in any one area at any time. It was almost like being on your own private yacht.

Motion ...

This is not a mega cruise ship with massive computer controlled stabilzer systems. Motion is something you will have, to some degree, no matter what cabin you are in. It is all dependent on the weather and sea state at the moment.

Standard rules for motion reduction apply. Mid-ships and lower decks will have less motion than fore/aft and higher decks. Engines are located aft. The ship sails faster than it can motor so they only use the motor when the wind conditions/direction is not favorable.

Barbados is located out in the Atlantic and the passage from that home port to the islands is across open waters. The first and last night at sea can be kinda rough. The cabin steward deployed the side boards on our bed the first night so we wouldn't be thrown out of the sack due to the ship's motion.

We sail the Great Lakes and are accustom to this type of motion but that was one night I'll remember for awhile. Marilyn used one Bonine tablet every evening to stay on an even keel & get a good night sleep. The ship is anchored close inshore during the day and motion is a non-issue.

As for cabin 234, it was a great location. One item to note ... the port side launch was located two decks above us and was lowered every day to tender passengers. If you are a late sleeper, this operation will wake you up. If you have the curtains open, you will get to be good friends with the tender crew are they pass your cabin morning and evening.

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

Archived