Back from first cruise ever...

alexney

From the Carnival Contract:

CARNIVAL’S USE OF GUEST’S LIKENESS

Carnival and/or its promotional partners have the exclusive right to include photographic, video and other visual portrayals of Guest in any medium of any nature whatsoever for the purpose of trade, advertising, sales, publicity or otherwise, without compensation to Guest, and all rights, title and interest therein (including all worldwide copyrights therein) shall be Carnival’s sole property, free from any claims by Guest or any person deriving any rights or interest from Guest.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/Static_Templates/ticket_contract.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_84

By agreeing to the terms of the contract you have given Carnival permission to use your likeness how ever they wish...

:)

Could someone please elaborate on this photo thing. So the ships have Carnival Paparazzi™ that take photos of you doing what and where?? They better not jump out and scare the $#@! out of me or someone will have a mess to clean up.

I absolutely loathe when I enter amusement parks and the photographers rush you to take your pic. If I want my pic taken, I'd ask someone to take it for me. Let me bottom line it: Will I be harassed about having my pic taken? I just don't want to deal with it all week, that would really bring the experience down a notch. I know, I'd never cut it as a celebrity.

Thanks

They have backdrops set up when you embark. You can stop for a photo or keep walking. Then, in the evenings, they set up a ton of backdrops around MDR and lounge areas and hastle you to stop for a photo. There may be 4 backdrops with photographers in a row and after you do 1, the other guys all hastle you to come to them. And then they don't necessarily take a quick shot, they pose you this way and that way. There's also the guy in costume that you have to pause for a photo with as you disembark at ports. You'll learn how to avoid the photographers. There are ways.

I like the in side cabins I can cruise more with the money I save+I like the dark.I also need the worn you about the drank bill you get on the last morning some times you can hear the fights about how much was spent it could be as much as $2000

]By agreeing to the terms of the contract you have given Carnival permission to use your likeness how ever they wish...

HM, I'll be happy to give them permission to use the likeness of my derrière anyhow they wish. ;) Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my closeup.

I don't mind an occasional photo and we do usually buy 1 from the trip as a keepsake.

As for overpacking, every time I've culled my packing, I've ended up needing something I left out. On trips, I'm always the one that everyone looks to when an emergency or oops happens.

- IT Geek

Archived