Carnival Freedom - May 07, 2011

bxh165

I finally did it today, booked the Carnival Freedom, and suddenly my day got brigter, even though it is a rainy day. Any advice you can give on hotels in Fort Launderdale, and tours for Costs Rico and Panama would be appreciated. Also, any information about the Freedom that would be helpful. This will be my 10th cruise with Carnival, so VIP here I come.:)

We sailed the Fredom in July of 2009. Great cruise great ship. The night before we stayed at the Hyatt place and they give you a ride over in the morning. They also have a free breakfast. Not the greatest but it will do. I can't really help with excursions as I didn't plan ours. we did and excellant one in Costa Rica but it was a private one that another member of our party set up. In panama we just did a little shopping at the port and got back on the ship. I'm sure you will have a great time.

Im taking this cruise September 25th, so when I come back, I will look for your post, and let you know how it is. I cant wait, I booked this cruise way back in November of last year, and the time has gone by so quickly. I have never had a bad cruise, so Im confident that this one will also be wonderful. :)

• 2 months later...

hi Bxh165, I hope you are still checking the board for info on your cruise, ship, and ports of call. I am just back and had a wonderful time. I didnt think that my cruise last year on the Liberty could be outdone, outshone, but the Freedom did do so.

I had a great time, the ship is in great shape, as are all Carnival ships I have been on. This one is no exception. I loved the entertainment, the first few days in the atrium lounge , an excellent latin music band, great for dancing, and later in the week, a lady playing very relaxing piano music in the late afternoon, nice while I enjoyed a pre dinner drink of wine.

The food was excellent on this ship, and the service in the main dining room unsurpassed. I had "your time dining" Chic dining room, deck 4, and my wait staff, including maitre d' made me feel like someone very special! I cant say enough good stuff.

Cozumel as always great, since I was alone, I only got off for a short shopping trip on the peir. I went back aboard and enjoyed some very nice relaxing time in a "clamshell" on the serenity deck, which was practically deserted.

Limon, I got off for my prebooked "all about Limon tour". I have a report or two about the tour over on the ports of call board. Tour was good and very informative.

Panama, I chose again not to do a tour. again since I was alone, the tours being 5 to 6 hrs long, were just too long for me, and I had little interest in the Panama canal. I respect and admire the engineering feat but just didnt need to see it up close for the cost of upwards of 100.00 bucks. I got off the ship and found a trinket or two in the gift shops at the peir to take home.

I took this cruise because of a very good solo price, and for the 4 sea days. I have to say though that I enjoyed the ship so much that I am considering the same ship, eastern itinerary for next year.

I wish you also an excellent cruise. :)

I was on the Carnival Freedom early May of this year .In Cozumel we did the Bar hop tour . Fun tour .You visit the other side of Cozumel and some pretty remote bars . You also get a great tour of the Island . In Panama we did a My friend Mario tour . What a great tour ! I will never go on shore excursions from the boat again . The Freedom was great . The only complaint we had is that we booked the room over the disco so it was noisy .

Hi Sparky , yes I am still checking the boards, and thanks so much for the information. Sounds like you really enjoyed your cruise. I will look on the ports of call to see your photos. Not wishing my t ime away but I wish it was May 7th 2011 so I was waiting to board the ship. I think a cruise ship would make a lovely retirement home. Thanks again

Archived