Background Music On-Board

flyeradam1

The ship we use for long cruises is P&O's Ventura; not too much piped music except in one of the open air pools and some open air bars.

But it's in the buffet on an evening, and the sound is such that all you hear is the bass beat, and a voice which we've christened "The Screaming Lady". You can't actually pick up the tune, but the highest and lowest sounds can be irritating. It also lets us know that we're back on our favourite ship when The Screaming Lady is suddenly heard over the clash of knives and forks... :D

I just realized that the original question for this thread was entered in 2010, so the OP and his/her research is long gone. Obviously the early comments had little impact.

I really do wish Cruise Critic would show the original start date on the right margin of each thread - right across from the thread title. Right now it's just empty space when it could include some really useful information. In some cases, old information is still interesting and/or relevant, but in other cases it could seriously mislead people who don't realize it's very outdated.

I just realized that the original question for this thread was entered in 2010, so the OP and his/her research is long gone. Obviously the early comments had little impact.

I really do wish Cruise Critic would show the original start date on the right margin of each thread - right across from the thread title. Right now it's just empty space when it could include some really useful information. In some cases, old information is still interesting and/or relevant, but in other cases it could seriously mislead people who don't realize it's very outdated.

Wow, yes indeed. CC, please put some spiderwebs or similar on very old threads. Or at least a warning "You are replying to an 8 year old thread".

Hi everyone,

I would be curious to get your opinions regarding the selection of background music on-board the various cruise lines. This includes the pre-recorded music on your stateroom televisions, in the hallways, at the pool, etc. This does NOT include any form of live music, such as piano bars, bands at the pool, and such.

Information that would be specifically helpful:

Type of music you've heard around the ship (name ship please!)...frequency of repeats on stateroom TV music channels...too loud, too soft, just right...whether or not the music is appropriate to the environment...general opinions...how important properly selected music is to your cruise/vacation experience.

If you'd like to hear any changes to what is currently available, please feel free to jot them down as well.

Thanks!

Adam

You sound like someone who works for a cruise line or a company that provides the music and are fishing for free info from the members of cruise critic for your service.