Bringing Mixers on Ship?

I was wondering how I can get mixers to go with the alcohol I'm buying from BV. I am getting tequila and coconut rum. I would like to have margarita mix and pineapple juice.

Does the liquor store sell mixes? Can i bring them on as part of my drink allowance at the begining of the cruise? If I run out, can I bring them on from port? Can I get pineapple juice from room service?

I don't know from which port you are sailing but here in California all stores that sell liquor like grocery stores and large pharmacies, also sell mixers.

I don't think anyone will care if you bring mixers aboard. The rules just seem to apply to liquor/wine.

I was wondering how I can get mixers to go with the alcohol I'm buying from BV. I am getting tequila and coconut rum. I would like to have margarita mix and pineapple juice.

Does the liquor store sell mixes? Can i bring them on as part of my drink allowance at the begining of the cruise? If I run out, can I bring them on from port? Can I get pineapple juice from room service?

You can also get a soda card which in includes juices from the bar. Probably not 'rita mix though. You can do this if you want to pack light.

Thanks for the tips. I thought of the 6 packs, but that will take like two to make one drink, so it doesn't seem that they woudl go very far. I should still get one or two as backup. As for the bar, it will be a pain to make it in my room with that? I was thinking of getting the soda card for DH, but it seems so complicated. It's a pain b/c i dont mind paying for these things, but dont' know an easy way. It may just be that I have to do a mix of these different options. Maybe I shoudl just forget the margaritas and try to work on pineapple juice options (and bring a bottle of grenadine).

BTW we are going for 7 nights, so that's why I dont think brining it on will be enough unless I tell DH he can't bring coke! I plan to get him teh soda card, but for our room he will want some.

Is pineapple juice available from room service? If so, is that option available all day?

For the record, I plan to buy plenty of bahama mamas and maybe margarits (especially if I cant make them in my room). We just have a balcony room and want to have drinks in the room and hopefully save a few bucks as well.

I plan on making a BV purchase as well and I was thinking of bringing a bunch of crystal light packets ~ the ones you mix into a bottle of water. I plan to order coconut rum and amaretto ~ those mixed with raspberry lemonade makes a Pink Bikini ~ it's yummy!!!

Christina: Maybe I shoudl just forget the margaritas and try to work on pineapple juice options (and bring a bottle of grenadine). quote

Great idea! That's exactly what I did! I'd ordered the Tequila from BV and brought a small bottle of grenadine in my carry-on, so it wasn't too heavy to carry around for awhile. I'd also brought a one quart Rubbermade bottle which I kept filled with half lemonade/orange juice from the buffet. That, plus lots of ice (I kept the ice bucket in the 'frig) made a wonderful cocktail to enjoy on my balcony. So pretty, too!

I plan on making a BV purchase as well and I was thinking of bringing a bunch of crystal light packets ~ the ones you mix into a bottle of water. I plan to order coconut rum and amaretto ~ those mixed with raspberry lemonade makes a Pink Bikini ~ it's yummy!!!

Thats a great idea!

that just reminded me that baha bob makes little packets like crystal light to make sugar free margaritas. I even have some and haven't tried them. I love their mixes though. I'm going ot check the site, b/c that woudl be great if they've come out with mai tai or some other tropical goodness mix, lol.

I recently found a product called "Lt. Blender's Margarita in a bag" also available is a diaquiri in a bag. It does come in powdered form. Comes in a sturdy plastic bag. Pour in rum/tequila/triple sec add H2O. Your good to go.

I recently found a product called "Lt. Blender's Margarita in a bag" also available is a diaquiri in a bag. It does come in powdered form. Comes in a sturdy plastic bag. Pour in rum/tequila/triple sec add H2O. Your good to go.

If I might offer my two cents - I would try these out before buying them. I mean, I'm recently out of college but good night! Very strong, so it might help to play with ratios beforehand!

On our last cruise we ordered tequila from BV and just carried on the mixers. We could only find small bottles so we ended up with 4 of them for one bottle of tequila. We also carried on sodas and never once did security question it. I had a copy of my confirmation from BV in case they did question but it wasn't needed. I too like to have a drink on my balcony. Have a great trip.

We bought a bottle of Coconut Rum from BV on our cruise in May & took 6 packs of pineapple juice which we replenished in St Thomas. Get some vanilla ice cream from Lido, mix with pineapple juice & rum - instant Pina Colada!

We found one can of juice was enough for two good sized drinks. Also chocolate ice cream, Baileys & milk is amazing.

that just reminded me that baha bob makes little packets like crystal light to make sugar free margaritas. I even have some and haven't tried them. I love their mixes though. I'm going ot check the site, b/c that woudl be great if they've come out with mai tai or some other tropical goodness mix, lol.

Ooh never heard of baha bob... google, you're up next! :D

Ooh never heard of baha bob... google, you're up next! :D

me too! My plan is to order citron vodka--to mix with tea. Carry on my maragarita mix and if they let me I'll go to guest services and order a bottle of tequila for the cabin.

If they keep the mixer, then I don' t need the tequila :eek:

per baja bob's web site nearest store to me that carries it is 90 miles away and they are out of the single powder packs on the web site.

I did email them to see when it would be back in stock....in the meantime I'm going to order a couple of bottles of the margarita mix to try at home pre cruise.

Found another one called ZILCH anyone ever tried that brand?

I got pineapple jc from the bar but it was a very small amount for like $3 or so :eek: I am not sure about room service. They also have the Pineapple jc available in those large cartons like OJ that you could carry on with you.

Thanks for all of the tips! The vanilla ice cream sounds great!

So, the small cans of pineapple jucie will make two drinks? I could bring on two 6 packs.

Can anyone confirm that I can bring more pineapple/margarita mix on from port?

Does anyone know if I can get pineapple juice from room service?

I saw that the baja bob's are out of the packets. I' have a box at home w/like 10, so I'll try that and see if it's as good as their regular mixers. I'll also look at ABC for powdered margarita mix.

Thanks everyone!!!

forgive my stupidity but what is BV? I know I will kick myself when I find out but for now I am having a senior moment and can't think what it could mean.

Bon Voyage. You can order alcohol for your stateroom but you have to call them. Will give you more info if you need it. :)

I was just on Baja Bob's website and this cracked me up ~

Bob's secret formula is sweetened with Splenda. Other sugar-free mixes are made with erythritol or aspartame, which have an aftertaste and can have a laxative effect. Bob isn't a fan.

Poptart~ I haven't tried Zilch mixers but I have had Margaritaville and I find that to be way too sweet. When I make them at home I usually do the lime juice/beer/tequila margaritas.

I don't think pineapple juice was available from room service when we sailed in November but that doesn't mean it isn't now.

Hubby had to run down to the bar for me to get it and it costs around $3 for a glass of pineapple juice with ice but he grabbed an extra glass and I poured half in each glass and got 2 drinks out of it...you can also get sugar free margarita mix packets for water bottles at Target, they also have a cherry limeade that would be fabulous with vodka...

Bon Voyage. You can order alcohol for your stateroom but you have to call them. Will give you more info if you need it. :)

I was just on Baja Bob's website and this cracked me up ~

Bob's secret formula is sweetened with Splenda. Other sugar-free mixes are made with erythritol or aspartame, which have an aftertaste and can have a laxative effect. Bob isn't a fan.

Poptart~ I haven't tried Zilch mixers but I have had Margaritaville and I find that to be way too sweet. When I make them at home I usually do the lime juice/beer/tequila margaritas.

I looked on the carnival site for how to order alcohol for the stateroom and could not find it. Do you have some info as to how to get it? I would appreciate it.

Archived