Disgusting display of littering in Labadee

Anyway, that a little off topic, but just thought I'd share my recent observance of lazy behavior.

I think your post along with everyone else in this thread fall under the category 'RESPECT'. It is so sad that people have such little respect for others, whether it be in a local restaurant or visiting another country.

I know in my case, I can't just finish my meal in a restaurant and get up and leave (this includes on a cruise). While I'm sitting there waiting to get the check (or whatever), I tend to 'neaten' up immediate area, place all utensils on the plate, put the salt & pepper back in it's place, etc.... Just because I am lucky enough to be able to afford something does NOT make someone else my personal servant. I appreciate all that people do for me and I can't stand having someone have to work harder because of me. Heck, hotel maids and room stewards must appreciate it too. I do the same in my room by putting all my stuff out of there way.

Sorry, but when it comes to respect, it's a hot button for me.

Erika

I'm with you Laura--- How is Mr Chew?

well, hey there!!!! How are y'all doing? John is doing very well; he had a fairly serious health scare almost two months ago but is now in better shape & feeling better than he has in years.

Isn't your Navigator cruise coming up in November? We can't wait to do our first transatlantic. We've got it picked out for Oct. 2011 but have to take our Panama Canal cruise on Hal first, to see if we like HAL as much as we like RCCL.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled topic ... what was it now? Oh yes, LITTERING ... and how horrible it is. It is everywhere, but somehow it seems worse when you're at the beach. I guess that's because we all have such in ideal image of what the beach is supposed to be like, and we actually go in the water - but not if it's full of trash.

Littering just ticks me off, like today, some idiot threw a paper/plastic coffer cup out his sunroof on the highway. How I wish the wind shear had knocked it back into the car, but fortunately for him the cup was empty.

Littering just ticks me off, like today, some idiot threw a paper/plastic coffer cup out his sunroof on the highway. How I wish the wind shear had knocked it back into the car, but fortunately for him the cup was empty.
Reminds me of the time (50+ years ago), my uncle and my cousin took my grandpa's new car out for a ride. It was that time of year, so they decided to blow off some M-80's. Well, they had the windows down, it being that time of year, and they lit one and threw it out the front window only to see it go back in the rear window. Grandpa was NOT happy.

I can't tell you the number of fires I have fought because idots have thrown lit cigarettes out the window. The diner we go to if we leave a mess the waitress(a freind) will tell you about it in front of the entire place.:o. People need to clean up after themselves everywhere.

Archived