What's Allowed as Carry On?

I will have my formal dresses in a long formal gown bag and was wondering if I can carry it on instead of checking it with a porter? I have lots of money invested in what will be inside that bag and just don't think I will be able to hand it over to someone that I don't know. :eek:

Thanks in advance for any information you can offer.

Rita

I will have my formal dresses in a long formal gown bag and was wondering if I can carry it on instead of checking it with a porter? I have lots of money invested in what will be inside that bag and just don't think I will be able to hand it over to someone that I don't know. :eek:

Rita

I don't think there is any requirement that you give any of your luggage to a porter. If you want to carry it all on I am sure you could.

Rita

Yes, do carry it on. It will not be a problem. We give ours to the porter because it's a hard covered garmet bag. There was a couple on our last cruise who gave their soft covered bag, and their clothes were all messed up.

I don't think there is any requirement that you give any of your luggage to a porter. If you want to carry it all on I am sure you could.

Yes, there is a requirement to give your luggage to the porters unless all your luggage can fit through the scanner. But since most people have large bags, they don't fit through the regular scanner in the terminal, and the have to be screened in the large machines on the ship.

OP, if your gown bag fits through the airport size scanner, you can carry it on.

Archived