Woooohooooo

sharri34

It's a great feeling to get the tickets. I agree, they look pathetic...more cost cutting from P&O. Such a shame, particularly for first time cruisers. The blue folder was always received with such excitement.

Congratulations.:)

Looks like yours came early.

Both my friends received tickets last week, but we haven't seen so much as a glimpse yet. I have written to the post office as it is ridiculous as this area always seems to be behind in the post. Got a letter from an aunt and phoned her to thank her for the photos she sent with it, and found out she posted it over a week ago (and she doesn't live that far away).

My friends who did get the tickets -one lives in the next suburb.

Lucky our cruise isn't for another month but all the same, I am not happy with our postal delays.:mad:

Can anyone tell me: Is it possible to get an upgrade even after you receive tickets?

We booked a while back and were surprised to be allocated cabins by the TA, straight off.

We ticked the square that said we would accept an upgrade though.

My friends who DID get tickets say the room numbers are exactly as we were given in the booking.

I had been hoping for an upgrade.

In fact i am really peeved.

The price we paid for an inside cabin is now $200pp dearer than we could pay now for in outside cabin in the lower categories.

It's a shame that if P & O can't sell the cabins that they don't move all the early bookers up a rung or two first.

P&O do strange things. We usually receive our tickets a week or so after final payment. I was surprised one day to find my tickets sitting at the front door, I rang P&O to complain about the lack of security but they couldn't give a hoot. Let's hope it's good news & an upgrade.

Congratulations.:)

Looks like yours came early.

Both my friends received tickets last week, but we haven't seen so much as a glimpse yet. I have written to the post office as it is ridiculous as this area always seems to be behind in the post. Got a letter from an aunt and phoned her to thank her for the photos she sent with it, and found out she posted it over a week ago (and she doesn't live that far away).

My friends who did get the tickets -one lives in the next suburb.

Lucky our cruise isn't for another month but all the same, I am not happy with our postal delays.:mad:

Can anyone tell me: Is it possible to get an upgrade even after you receive tickets?

We booked a while back and were surprised to be allocated cabins by the TA, straight off.

We ticked the square that said we would accept an upgrade though.

My friends who DID get tickets say the room numbers are exactly as we were given in the booking.

I had been hoping for an upgrade.

In fact i am really peeved.

The price we paid for an inside cabin is now $200pp dearer than we could pay now for in outside cabin in the lower categories.

It's a shame that if P & O can't sell the cabins that they don't move all the early bookers up a rung or two first.

Can anyone tell me: Is it possible to get an upgrade even after you receive tickets

hi sherri, anything is possible with upgrades....its luck of the draw, we received an upgrade when we checked in on one cruise and our luggage went to a different room...even if you checked the personalizer on the morning of the cruise it could still change

when you book a cruise thru an aussie TA the price is locked in, if you want to pay the extra money you can be upgraded

rkmw

Can anyone tell me: Is it possible to get an upgrade even after you receive tickets

hi sherri, anything is possible with upgrades....its luck of the draw, we received an upgrade when we checked in on one cruise and our luggage went to a different room...even if you checked the personalizer on the morning of the cruise it could still change

when you book a cruise thru an aussie TA the price is locked in, if you want to pay the extra money you can be upgraded

rkmw

When we booked our first cruise, we went through an online agent.We booked a certain category inside cabin and when the tickets arrived, all of us (3 couples) had been upgraded. My friends went up 2 categories and we went up one. It didn't make a heap of difference, because we were still in inside cabins, but they were higher up. We didn't pay any money at all for the upgrade and we weren't told or asked beforehand, it just happened. That was on a princess cruise.

We are off on our next cruise with P & O but again, we booked with an online agent, a different one.

My understanding is P&O do the upgrades, not the agent, so i just wondered if, even if the agent sends out copies of tickets, if P&O might still do an upgrade before the cruise.

Guess we will find out on our personaliser, as was mentioned. I hadn't thought of that.

I recieved my ticket too. The paper is disappointing but I am esctactic to be going on my cruise! I had to put my cruise ticket and papers in a folder to protect them. When I checked my ticket, I discovered I got upgraded, from deck 8 to deck 9. So I am happy. We booked from an online company.

We are going on 27th Aug Pacific Jewel. Up until a week ago we didn't have a cabin number (only the deck) - but when I got on the personaliser a couple of days ago, we now have a cabin number - upgraded from deck 5 to 8. We booked directly through P&O. This is my first cruise so don't know if this is usual.

We booked direct through P&O. Who knows what the upgrade fairy will bring??? If anything. Cant wait to get our tickets too. Really should get off my bottom and organise insurance...

We booked direct from P&O too :) maybe they got sick of me calling them all the time asking stupid questions:p I have my fingers crossed that I'll get an upgrade although I seriously doubt it, We're already on BC grade, so doesn't leave much room for upgrading...lol

We are going on 27th Aug Pacific Jewel. Up until a week ago we didn't have a cabin number (only the deck) - but when I got on the personaliser a couple of days ago, we now have a cabin number - upgraded from deck 5 to 8. We booked directly through P&O. This is my first cruise so don't know if this is usual.

From what we have seen and have been told, the people who book earlier are upgraded as others book into that category.

We always book a 'guarantee' so take whatever cabin we are allocated. The only time we haven't been upgraded was an occasion where we booked only 10 days prior to the cruise.

Archived