LA Hotel with Free Shuttle (On Beach!)

TexasMommy

I know several hotels near LAX have free airport shuttle service....but does anyone know of a Hotel near or on the beach that has an airport shuttle.

I thought I'd heard of one...but I've searched and can't find it. Was I dreaming?

We'll be sailing out of LA in March 2010 but already planning hotels and what to do.

Thanks!!

Do you mean on the beach as in you can walk out of your hotel onto sand? I can't think of anything in the South Bay (Manhattan Bch, Hermosa Bch or Redondo Bch) that are right on the beach. There are a few that have nice views of the ocean but I wouldn't consider them to be right on the beach.

I wouldn't stay at a hotel near the airport. Not anywhere near the beach. And most of the hotels not near the airport (as far as I know) don't have a shuttle to or from the airport. Just catch a shuttle that you will pay for to your hotel. If you stay in Long Beach (which isn't a sandy beach), many hotels there will shuttle to the Carnival berth (and some may even shuttle you to the Port of LA in San Pedro for the other ships). If you stay in San Pedro, which isn't a beach area, some hotels will shuttle you to the port.

I know several hotels near LAX have free airport shuttle service....but does anyone know of a Hotel near or on the beach that has an airport shuttle.

I thought I'd heard of one...but I've searched and can't find it. Was I dreaming?

We'll be sailing out of LA in March 2010 but already planning hotels and what to do.

Thanks!!

First, I'll assume that you meant March of 2011, not 2010!!!

Here's the problem...

First of all, the Los Angeles area has very few hotels that are right ON the beach...

Santa Monica has a few (Loews, Shutters, Le Merigot, Casa Del Mar)...but they are about 10 miles from the airport and a little far to be providing free shuttle service...Of course, if you are staying in any of those, paying or not paying for your shuttle is not your concern...If you can afford the hotel, you can afford the limo...

There are a few smaller hotels along Venice Beach...I know the Hotel Erwin (just off the beach) is quite popular...that put you a little closer to LAX and may come at a slightly lower price than the Santa Monica Beach hotels...but, you will still have to pay for your shuttle...but it's a short shuttle ride from LAX...

Going South of the Airport, there are hotels in Redondo Beach...like the Crowne Plaza--at the marina, a short walk to a beach that will shuttle you for free to the Del Amo Mall...but not to LAX...

Now, down in Newport Beach, there are lots of hotels--the Radisson, the Hyatt Regency, etc. that will shuttle you to John Wayne Airport...but though those hotels are in Newport BEACH, they are not ON the beach...

My advice is to not worry about the shuttle being free...just budget it into your costs...it's a one time only expense and probably not that expensive compared to the cost of your hotel...

Good luck...

In regard to your questions about beach hotels in the LA area, there is another one in Hermosa Beach, called the Beach House. My daughter lives in Redondo Beach and we did stay there a few years ago. It is pricey but right on the beach with easy walking access to many restaurants and night spots. You would have to arrange a shuttle or take a taxi from the airport which is not too far away.

However the port terminal is down in San Pedro which is quite far. You would definitely need to pay for a shuttle to get there, a taxi ride would be very expensive. It takes some time to get to the freeway from Hermosa Beach and the trip from there to the port based on usual traffic will take you an hour or more.

Archived