Help again baby food and diapers

snausman

LOL, ships never mis Cozumel, unless there is a weather or illness event. Either way, you usually know that there is a chance you are going to miss Coz before you get on the ship, it's never a last minute change.

I was also going to mention that you can stuff LOTS of diapers in the outside pockets of your suitcase. I read that on these boards. Stuffing diapers in this manner takes up minimal space, esp because you can smash on them while traveling, and diapers add virtually no additional weight. So dont think that you have to pack that 'flat' of diapers inside your suitcase. It will all definitely fit into the outside pockets.

Happy sailing!

LOL, ships never mis Cozumel, unless there is a weather or illness event.

That's what I mean. On one cruise we had someone jump overboard - in that case, the ship must stay in the area and a mom without diapers is going to be out of luck. Not likely to happen, but it does. (Our jumper was amazingly found and saved before nightfall, when it would have become hopeless).

I've used your diapers-in-the-outer-pockets system and you're right - it's amazing how many can fit - enough for my twins!

Best,

Mia

That's what I mean. On one cruise we had someone jump overboard - in that case' date=' the ship must stay in the area and a mom without diapers is going to be out of luck. Not likely to happen, but it does. (Our jumper was amazingly found and saved before nightfall, when it would have become hopeless).

I've used your diapers-in-the-outer-pockets system and you're right - it's amazing how many can fit - enough for my twins!

Best,

Mia[/quote']

We had someone go over on our way to Labadee. We knew something was up when we saw a bunch of coast guard helicopters. We ended up in Labadee for the day and then went on to St. Thomas the next day and stayed there till midnight. I could not imagine being stuck in the ocean for a period of time, but, youa re right, I can see how it could happen.

The diapers in the outside pockets thing is absolutely amazing!!! I encourage OP to try it and be amazed herself.

Also, OP, have you considered having the cruiseline puree your baby food FOR you? I see that you are onthe Liberty, here is what you do. Call RCCL special needs department. Tell them that you will be travelling with a passenger that is going to require pureed food, DO NOT say baby food, they dont make baby food. I'm pretty sure they are under the impression that people desire "baby food" to e void of sugar, spices, etc, and they dont do that. What they will do is puree regular food. You want pureed chicken? They will do it - it's going to have some salt and spices in it, but they will puree it. You want pureed veggies? They will do that too. The veggies are going to have some salt and butter in them, but they will puree them. Babies tend to like flavor anyways.

I had a standing order with room service, that I arranged with our head waiter. 3x a day they would deliver pureed food, 7am, 11:30 am and 5pm. For breakfast I got 2 hard boiled eggs (for the egg yolk) 1 pureed banana/fruit and 1 yogurt. Lunch was a standing order of 1 pureed meat, 1 pureed fruit and 1 pureed veggie. I gave them permission to leave the food in our room if we were not there when they delivered. Save the baby jars so you can store extra in your fridge, if you want.

My opinion is that you should tip the room service person $2 for every delivery.

Remember, when you call special needs, you are not placing an order for baby food. You are placing a special request for a passenger whom is going to need pureed food (because they dont have any teeth) I've done this on 4 cruises.

special_needs@rccl.com

Happy sailing!

We had someone go over on our way to Labadee. We knew something was up when we saw a bunch of coast guard helicopters. We ended up in Labadee for the day and then went on to St. Thomas the next day and stayed there till midnight. I could not imagine being stuck in the ocean for a period of time, but, youa re right, I can see how it could happen.

The diapers in the outside pockets thing is absolutely amazing!!! I encourage OP to try it and be amazed herself.

Also, OP, have you considered having the cruiseline puree your baby food FOR you? I see that you are onthe Liberty, here is what you do. Call RCCL special needs department. Tell them that you will be traveling with a passenger that is going to require pureed food, DO NOT say baby food, they dont make baby food. I'm pretty sure they are under the impression that people desire "baby food" to e void of sugar, spices, etc, and they dont do that. What they will do is puree regular food. You want pureed chicken? They will do it - it's going to have some salt and spices in it, but they will puree it. You want pureed veggies? They will do that too. The veggies are going to have some salt and butter in them, but they will puree them. Babies tend to like flavor anyways.

I had a standing order with room service, that I arranged with our head waiter. 3x a day they would deliver pureed food, 7am, 11:30 am and 5pm. For breakfast I got 2 hard boiled eggs (for the egg yolk) 1 pureed banana/fruit and 1 yogurt. Lunch was a standing order of 1 pureed meat, 1 pureed fruit and 1 pureed veggie. I gave them permission to leave the food in our room if we were not there when they delivered. Save the baby jars so you can store extra in your fridge, if you want.

My opinion is that you should tip the room service person $2 for every delivery.

Remember, when you call special needs, you are not placing an order for baby food. You are placing a special request for a passenger whom is going to need pureed food (because they dont have any teeth) I've done this on 4 cruises.

special_needs@rccl.com

Happy sailing!

Really, you can do this...WOW!!! I will send this message off to my DD for her to read, and make up her mind, but I think it is absolutely brilliant!!!. Now much time does the special needs dept. need to know about this??? Just looking at the time frame.

Laura

Really, you can do this...WOW!!! I will send this message off to my DD for her to read, and make up her mind, but I think it is absolutely brilliant!!!. Now much time does the special needs dept. need to know about this??? Just looking at the time frame.

Laura

They can do it. If you look on rccl.com for special needs passengers you will see that they offer tailored menus for guest with dietary needs, including needing softer/pureed foods. Again, don't call it baby food, you 'have a guest that is going to need their food pureed'. Once you get on board you will then speak with your headwaiter to arrange everything. Usually they like notice somewhere between one month and 2 weeks before sailing because they like to put the request in to dining and convey the info to your head waiter. I've called 4 months out and they have told me to call back with 1 month to 2 weeks before sailing. I am pretty sure that your headwaiter will even accommodate you once you get on board, if you didn't prearrange it. But call RCCL to see what they say about making the request.

I cant keep logging on to CC from work and I am pretty busy in general but I will be happy to chat with you over email. Feel free to email me if you have any questions sasproul at gmail dot com

Happy sailing.

They can do it. If you look on rccl.com for special needs passengers you will see that they offer tailored menus for guest with dietary needs, including needing softer/pureed foods. Again, don't call it baby food, you 'have a guest that is going to need their food pureed'. Once you get on board you will then speak with your headwaiter to arrange everything. Usually they like notice somewhere between one month and 2 weeks before sailing because they like to put the request in to dining and convey the info to your head waiter. I've called 4 months out and they have told me to call back with 1 month to 2 weeks before sailing. I am pretty sure that your headwaiter will even accommodate you once you get on board, if you didn't prearrange it. But call RCCL to see what they say about making the request.

I cant keep logging on to CC from work and I am pretty busy in general but I will be happy to chat with you over email. Feel free to email me if you have any questions sasproul at gmail dot com

Happy sailing.

Thank you so much, that is so sweet of you. I will ask my DD if she has any other questions and get back with you.

Laura

Archived