Help again baby food and diapers

snausman

Ok thank you for helping me with the other question. Ok could not find the answer to this one.

Again Liberty of the Seas..baby 7.5 months old. So we are looking at the babies to go packages that you can buy before you sail. But my question is do they sell any diapers or baby food in the ship stores. Just in case we should run out. thanks again everyone, you all are most helpful.

Laura

I haven't sailed with Royal but I've never seen baby food in any of the shops. I have seen diapers and they are usually one pkg in an off brand in a toddler size. I would pack all that you think you need. If you run out of diapers you can always buy more in port but you give up some of your fun time searching for a store. (I'll confess I was a brand name diaper kind of gal. I didn't want to take a chance of switching diapers in the middle of the trip and end up with a mystery reaction to the diaper. )

We personally found it easier for us when traveling with infants to just bring the items along. If packing allowances allowed- we packed everything. If it was going to cost an extra baggage fee & we were able to stop at Walmart or grocery store easily after flight to destination-- we would shop on our way to cruise terminal.

If timing of flight and arrival to port did not allow for comfortable allowance for shopping or if shopping possibilities were unknown or not convenient--> we payed the extra baggage fee but we brought a duffle bag that could be folded up & not used on the return flight so at least we wouldn't have to pay on the return for baggage that we would not be returning with (diapers, wipes, jarred baby foods, finger foods)

WHen packing jarred foods- I most preferred to buy the 12 packs of earths best at BRUs or grocery store that had the cardboard & tightly wrapped w/ cellaphane around the 12 jars- would always make sure we backed them around things that would not be a big deal if jars broke-- ie clothes that could be tossed in laundry, etc-- but we did also place them in side a heavy duty trash bag-- in hopes that if they did break- they would be contained inside the trash bag

One of the cruiselines includes jarred baby food (someone recently posted) but I have no firsthand experience.

We always pack an extra 24hrs of diapers in our carry on's and we always bring 10% extra diapers with us for our entire trip but only because I don't like searching for items I need on vacation and find it easier to spend extra $$ for the baggage to avoid the hassle--

There is a company online called "Babies Travel Lite" and I know they deliver to Disney Cruise Lines, not sure about RCCL. However, they do ship to most hotels and travel destinations so if you are overnighting before the cruise you could have it shipped to your hotel. However, I agree with others, it's probably easiest (and cheapest) to shop en route to the ship - we just made a pit stop at Target and picked up everything we needed. If you're flying (as we were), you could pack an empty duffle bag inside your suitcase and then load it up with baby essentials when you land (as unlike airlines, the cruiseline doesn't have strict limts on # of bags). We brought all our own baby food, and I mostly bought the Gerber brand in the rectangular plastic containers (unbreakable, and comes in organic or regular). And just because I'm paranoid, I also packed a box of her cereal powder from home and some glass jars of the brands baby was used to (at least one per day, as we were coming from Canada and I was worried she wouldn't eat different baby food brands from what we have at home, but she did fine).

Thank you everyone!!!!! You all had such great ideas. I must say it has been 30 years since I had to worry about babies. And I am always just amazed at what is out there now. But my DD and I are taking everyones ideas and putting them all to good use. Thanks again.

Laura

We will be staying in Miami at the Intercontinental the night before so we will be going to the Walgreen's or the CVS store by the hotel. Does anyone know of a grocery store nearby???

Laura

You might ask this on the Florida homeports board. EM

There is a company online called "Babies Travel Lite" and I know they deliver to Disney Cruise Lines, not sure about RCCL. However, they do ship to most hotels and travel destinations so if you are overnighting before the cruise you could have it shipped to your hotel. However, I agree with others, it's probably easiest (and cheapest) to shop en route to the ship - we just made a pit stop at Target and picked up everything we needed. If you're flying (as we were), you could pack an empty duffle bag inside your suitcase and then load it up with baby essentials when you land (as unlike airlines, the cruiseline doesn't have strict limts on # of bags). We brought all our own baby food, and I mostly bought the Gerber brand in the rectangular plastic containers (unbreakable, and comes in organic or regular). And just because I'm paranoid, I also packed a box of her cereal powder from home and some glass jars of the brands baby was used to (at least one per day, as we were coming from Canada and I was worried she wouldn't eat different baby food brands from what we have at home, but she did fine).

OMG!!!! Babies Travel Lite...WOW that is a great website. Thank you so much!!!

Laura

We drop shipped a box of baby supplies to our hotel in the past. (Luckily the next time we are driving to the port & can easily pack "too" much.)

When we were on RCCL several years ago, I did not see any baby stuff, then again we did not have our son then & so I was not looking for it. But I did shop hard as I did not want to miss out on any of the ships offerings.

We drop shipped a box of baby supplies to our hotel in the past. (Luckily the next time we are driving to the port & can easily pack "too" much.)

When we were on RCCL several years ago, I did not see any baby stuff, then again we did not have our son then & so I was not looking for it. But I did shop hard as I did not want to miss out on any of the ships offerings.

WOW another great site. You all Rock!!! Thank you so much!!!!

A Very Happy Grandmother

aka Laura

Ok thank you for helping me with the other question. Ok could not find the answer to this one.

Again Liberty of the Seas..baby 7.5 months old. So we are looking at the babies to go packages that you can buy before you sail. But my question is do they sell any diapers or baby food in the ship stores. Just in case we should run out. thanks again everyone, you all are most helpful.

Laura

We have always gone on the port of call boards for our cruise stops and asked about local grocery stores close to ports of calls. This way, should you need anything, or even think you might need something, you know which port of call to get it at.

We have even traveled onto the ship with minimal diapers knowing that our first stop was Cozumel and the Cheddrari was a quick taxi ride away from the port..

we are taking our baby on Freedom Sept 12th and he will be 8 months old. I will let you know how it goes and if I have any tips for you afterwards. :)

Thank you, that would be wonderful. I look forward to hearing from you.

Laura

We have always gone on the port of call boards for our cruise stops and asked about local grocery stores close to ports of calls. This way, should you need anything, or even think you might need something, you know which port of call to get it at.

We have even traveled onto the ship with minimal diapers knowing that our first stop was Cozumel and the Cheddrari was a quick taxi ride away from the port..

This is a wonderful idea. I will start to check it out. Thanks for the tip.

Laura

I've been on lots of cruises with missed ports. It's unlikely' date=' but I would never take a chance on depending on a port for any supplies that I can't live without.

Best,

Mia[/quote']

Darn it anyway, another very good point. Thanks....

Laura

Archived