Any experience with Room E23 and E27 on Carnival Fantasy? Too Noisy? HELP!

We initailly booked 2 interior rooms on the Riviera Deck on the Carnival Fantasy, but were given free upgrades to 2 Ocean View rooms on Empress, rooms E23 and E27. :D

I noticed that it is right over the Universe Main Lounge and Stage. Is it noisy late at night? Have you had any other issues with location with either of those rooms? Unfortunately, there arent any other OV rooms that we can move to on the Empress Deck, we would have to either move down to the Riviera or Main Deck. What would you do?

Thanks!!

I don't have any experience with those rooms but since no one has chimed in yet, these are my thoughts... How early do you go to bed? I would think that since the OV rooms are under (not over) the main showroom that after the last show is over there wouldn't be any more noise if you can hear any noise at all.

We've stayed in interior rooms on the upper deck, midship. I personally do not want to be on the Riveria deck at all so I would switch to the OV rooms on the Empress Deck unless someone told me for sure you could hear noise from the showroom during the time I would be trying to go to sleep. If the noise is while I'm still out and about the ship then it wouldn't matter to me.

We have not had any problems with noise from the lounge...........but then again we were in the lounge at that time of night. The few times that we did retire early, I have not heard any noise coming from there.

Dave

I don't have any experience with those rooms but since no one has chimed in yet, these are my thoughts... How early do you go to bed? I would think that since the OV rooms are under (not over) the main showroom that after the last show is over there wouldn't be any more noise if you can hear any noise at all.

We've stayed in interior rooms on the upper deck, midship. I personally do not want to be on the Riveria deck at all so I would switch to the OV rooms on the Empress Deck unless someone told me for sure you could hear noise from the showroom during the time I would be trying to go to sleep. If the noise is while I'm still out and about the ship then it wouldn't matter to me.

Thanks for all of the responses. We go to bed around 9:30-10 at night. We have a toddler so that is part of the reason.

I am curious as to why you not want to be on the Riviera Deck at all. This is only my 2nd cruise and I have only been on Empress. What is so bad about Riviera?

Thanks!

I will make the disclaimer that I have not had any experience actually staying on the Riveria deck, only cruised once staying on the Upper deck. The Riveria deck is the lowest passenger deck and that does not appeal to me at all for several reasons such as being further from the main areas of the ship and I am prone to motion sickness so I want to stay more in the middle part of the ship. The Upper deck was nice because we could take the stairs to the main levels rather than always waiting for an elevator.

The Riviera deck is fine for a lot of people but if given the opportunity to move to a higher deck I would. Although because of my motion sickness I'm not sure I would stay in the OV rooms they are giving you because they are so far forward, but in giving my original thoughts I was not taking into account my motion sickness because it wasn't going to be me in the room.

The lower you go, the better it is for motion sickness. I have stayed on the Riviera deck once and loved it.

Op, I suffer from motion sickness but take bonine each night. Never had a bit of trouble and we had ROUGH seas our first day out.

Have a great cruise!!!

carolina-don't worry, we stayed in E 27 last Jan. and we didn't hear a thing. we also like to go to bed between ten and eleven.

Have a wonderful cruise!:)

I am so glad that it was quiet and it didn't bother you. That is a relief for us! I called Carnival today and they told me that each room is soundproof and the distance between levels is more than what most people think.

Thanks again for all of the replies!!

I didn't realize that lower decks were better for motion sickness. I knew midship was best but thought a deck more in the middle of the ship rather than the lowest or highest would be best also. I did take Bonine and didn't have a problem with midship cabin on upper deck. I guess now my only excuse is that it's closer to the "action" decks than the Riviera!

I didn't realize that lower decks were better for motion sickness. I knew midship was best but thought a deck more in the middle of the ship rather than the lowest or highest would be best also. I did take Bonine and didn't have a problem with midship cabin on upper deck. I guess now my only excuse is that it's closer to the "action" decks than the Riviera!

LOL yeah, I like being close to the action too!! Our last cruise we had a verandah suite.... it was great. Walk out of our room, thru the door and past the elevators... one floor down and there was the lido!! Close to the food, the pools, the fun!!

LOL yeah, I like being close to the action too!! Our last cruise we had a verandah suite.... it was great. Walk out of our room, thru the door and past the elevators... one floor down and there was the lido!! Close to the food, the pools, the fun!!

I had a V- Suite on the Fantasy (V-9) Apr 2010. I like the "isolation" the V deck provides that its seperate from the rest of the ships cabin areas. And just below the Gym which I use. I have the same type cabin booked on the Inspiration in Nov 2010. Cant wait.

I had a V- Suite on the Fantasy (V-9) Apr 2010. I like the "isolation" the V deck provides that its seperate from the rest of the ships cabin areas. And just below the Gym which I use. I have the same type cabin booked on the Inspiration in Nov 2010. Cant wait.

We had booked an OV cabin and got upsold to the V deck. Hubby loved it. He is hoping we get another "call" this time... lol.

Archived