Travel mug question

dolphinwyo

I have read a few threads about bringing travel mugs and just wanted clarification. We are ordering rum from Bon Voyage. Can we bring our own travel mug and then wander around ship with our drink made in the room - can we bring mug into disco, poolside, bars, shows, etc? Or would it be frowned upon? Plan on buying drink of day each day, so could use that glass too. Is there a rule on this, or just personal taste? (note -we aren't "smuggling" so don't want to go down that road...)

DH and I pre-ordered our wine from Bon Voyage 2 years ago when we sailed the Glory and our cabin steward kept it on ice in our room and always made sure we had clean wine glasses. One time I even poured it into my "Carnival" insulated container and sipped on it while in various locations on the ship. I'm sure the same can be done with liquor purchased through Bon Voyage.:D

I have read a few threads about bringing travel mugs and just wanted clarification. We are ordering rum from Bon Voyage. Can we bring our own travel mug and then wander around ship with our drink made in the room - can we bring mug into disco, poolside, bars, shows, etc? Or would it be frowned upon? Plan on buying drink of day each day, so could use that glass too. Is there a rule on this, or just personal taste? (note -we aren't "smuggling" so don't want to go down that road...)

You'll be fine. Do as you wish and it'll work.

Something interesting happened to us on the Dream last year. We got a Sangria at the Ocean Plaza bar just before dinner and sat for awhile, then went into dinner. The waiter told us we couldn't bring them in there. We were so completely confused that he finally said it was okay but don't do it again.

Afterwards it dawned on me that he probably thought we were bringing in a glass of wine from our own bottle in the cabin. Didn't occur to us, actually, but that must have been the reason. I cannot imagine why we could pay for a drink at a bar and then be told not to bring it into MDR.:confused:

I always bring a glass of wine with me from my cabin in to the dining room and no one has ever said anything about it? I agree that there is no way of knowing where the 'dinrk' came from (assuming it is in a wine glass and not in your bubba keg? :D:D)

Something interesting happened to us on the Dream last year. We got a Sangria at the Ocean Plaza bar just before dinner and sat for awhile, then went into dinner. The waiter told us we couldn't bring them in there. We were so completely confused that he finally said it was okay but don't do it again.

Afterwards it dawned on me that he probably thought we were bringing in a glass of wine from our own bottle in the cabin. Didn't occur to us, actually, but that must have been the reason. I cannot imagine why we could pay for a drink at a bar and then be told not to bring it into MDR.:confused:

That waiter must have been a brother to the steward who told me I was in a "No Smoking" cabin when I asked him for an ash tray.

I use my travel mug for everything including booze. I love it in the morning for a large coffee and Baileys, during the day for juice, water (yes, I dare to drink ship water and haven't died yet) I filled it with ice and Sambuca, rye, etc. You can carry it anywhere you wish - at least the last time I sailed. But things change daily but I say - GO FOR IT

We have a couple of 20 oz. travel mugs that go on every cruise with us. Fill them with coffee in the morning, iced tea in the afternoon and hot chocolate at bedtime (love the Carnival hot chocolate!). No one has ever said anything about our mugs, except they wish they had brought one also. Just be sure when filling your mugs, use a clean cup or glass and pour it into your mug instead of putting it under the spigot.

I have always brought my own Bubba keg or Carnival thermos. No one has "frowned upon me" -- if they did, I was too busy having my own good time to give a *($#.

Why would I pour my water in a fresh glass instead of putting mine under the spigot?

Sanitation--some ships have signs posted about this.

I bring my huge Tervis Tumbler with straw (my sippy cup) on every cruise! I buy drinks at the bar and pour them right in there! Keeps them nice and cold with lots of ice! And no spilling! No one has ever commented. I just bought a new one for our cruise 8/23! :)d

Just off of the Liberty on Saturday. Two things were added to my packing list for next time insulated mugs and alarm clock. We ordered from Bon Voyage and carried on sodas for mixers. There were plenty of people walking around all of the time with insulated cups/mugs. People were also using the Carnival drink cups from the Lido Deck or the big glasses that are in your room. I am definetly packing insulated mugs/cups next.

We also carried on 3 bottles of wine that we carried into the MDR each night - no questions asked. The waiter asked if we would like him to open it each night.

Karen

I bring my huge Tervis Tumbler with straw (my sippy cup) on every cruise! I buy drinks at the bar and pour them right in there! Keeps them nice and cold with lots of ice! And no spilling! No one has ever commented. I just bought a new one for our cruise 8/23! :)d

So I never heard of a tervis tumbler so I googled it - love them!!! So cute (even found one with a bunny on it!). So how watertight are they? any chance of leaking?

So how does this work for the bars and shows :confused:. Do you just bring your cup with you and run back to your room to refill? I have already placed my order through BV and was planning on bringing my cup around during the day, but wasn't planning on it at night, unless someone has a great suggestion. That would really help keep my bar tab lower even though Carnival has already got alot of money out of me with the prices BV charges :D.

Talli

My son was just running back to the room for a refill. He walked around with a nice glass that was in our room, and would go back to make his drink with the ice from the room ice bucket. He didn't think it was inconvenient since we told him he was paying the bar bill, we did purchase 3 bottles from bon voyage.

Karen

Archived