Motion sickness patch and snorkling

You don't take the patch off for three days. That is how long the med is supposed to last. I have used them several times, showered, swam, washed my hair, etc. they didn't come off. Years ago when I used them they had a lot of side effects. I used them this past July and the only thing was a little dry mouth but I didn't have the blurred vision or anything else.

Did you drink alcohol while you had the patch on? I am not a big drinker but have a glass of wine here and there. Good that it stays on in water. I might be okay on the ship but I am a bit worried about the 2 smaller boats we are going on to snorkel. I got really seasick on a deepsea fishing boat a few years ago (precisely when the dramamine I took wore off!) I sat laughing at all the guys puking over the side till I was one of them. No fun!

My Doctor perscribed the patch for me last year.I diabetic and do not drink alcohol so the Doctor felt that this would be good for me to prevent motion sickness. I also felt no side effects but the package the patch comes in states after applying wash your hands and put them no where near your eyes or blurred vision may occur. We had very rough seas on our Bermuda cruise and I did not get sick so I was happy to have the patch. John

I used to use the patch and I even wore one while snorkeling. It did not come off in the water. Unfortunately for me, I still experienced motion sickness while snorkeling. :(

I did drink alcohol using it - since I didn't have to worry about driving the ship home after a couple of drinks I didn't worry about drowsiness. The dry mouth was becoming a problem and the tiredness - so on my last 2 cruises I skipped the patch and used Dramamine with ginger pills and candy as backup.

My wife wears the patch(transdermscope), it is like a round bandaid u wear behind your ear. It can last a few days or a week. She put hers on before we left home, wore it on aircraft, and the ship. Worked like a charm.

As someone else stated, you wear the patch for 3 days, it is waterproof (well most of the time at least) and you can shower, snorkel, swim, sweat everything with it.

Make sure to wash your hands after you put it on. I will tell you from personal experience that having one eye completely dilated while the other is completely constricted is really no fun, and the TSA people will look at you a bit funny, like you may be a druggie.:eek: It took almost a week for my eyes to return to normal. But they are the best thing going for me when it comes to cruising, so I am just way more careful now. I rarely drink alcohol, so that is not really an issue for me.

Archived