Help with Flight timing please!

yayvacation!

Hi Everyone! I have a few questions about airfare.. We are flying out of either Providence, RI or Boston, MA for our January 2nd cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. We are looking for a Jan 1 - Jan 9 flight. The prices are continuously fluctuating, and some lines don't have their January flight schedules up yet. Everything I have found is about $325 - $400 pp.

Should I wait to purchase? Can you recommend some airlines with good fares right now?

Thank You!

Delta and Airtran are both in the $320s, BOS-FLL. Seems a touch high perhaps, but cold northeast to warm sunny Florida is a pretty popular route.

I don't know who else- in the late scheduling group, like Southwest, serves that area, but as far as I know, Southwest's schedule is out through Jan 7, best fare is $220ish for fly 1/1 and 1/7, Providence-FLL. Boston- FLL was $350

Unfortunately you're gonna find high fares for the day you need to fly out since its the weekend after the holidays. Expect the fares for that leg of your trip to go up as time gets closer and more people make their holiday reservations. Because of that end of the holidays outgoing flight If I found flights I was happy with in that $350 pp range I'd be booking them now as my guess would be that they are only going to get higher with time.

I do think most of the airlines do have their flights open now for your dates although there certainly could be one I'm not aware of that could fly your routes. Southwest will open your return date next week (on the 17th??) but don't expect the combination of your two dates on Southwest to be much, if any less expensive than what you're seeing on some other airlines right now.

Good Luck!:)

Archived