Changing an Existing Reservation?

We used the Loyalty Ambassador Program to book our next cruise for Post-Thanksgiving 2011 on Allure of the Seas. We paid our $200 deposit and were told we could move the reservation at anytime before final payment and still get the OBC bonus.

Well, I was checking out pricing recently on cruises and it looks like we could do a Post-Thanksgiving cruise on Oasis THIS YEAR for the same exact price. We've been ITCHING to get on this class of ship and when we got home we've been wondering how the heck we're going to wait so long to go on Allure.

So does anyone know if we'd be able to change our existing 2011 Allure reservation to the 2010 Oasis one? It's not clear to us whether you can completely change an existing reservation or just play with the dates on the same ship/itinerary. And, can I apply the $50 off cpn that RCCL recently sent out C&A members...looks like it applies to any 6+ nt cruise as far as I can tell. Any add'l info and advice you could offer is appreciated!

We used the Loyalty Ambassador Program to book our next cruise for Post-Thanksgiving 2011 on Allure of the Seas. We paid our $200 deposit and were told we could move the reservation at anytime before final payment and still get the OBC bonus.

Well, I was checking out pricing recently on cruises and it looks like we could do a Post-Thanksgiving cruise on Oasis THIS YEAR for the same exact price. We've been ITCHING to get on this class of ship and when we got home we've been wondering how the heck we're going to wait so long to go on Allure.

So does anyone know if we'd be able to change our existing 2011 Allure reservation to the 2010 Oasis one? It's not clear to us whether you can completely change an existing reservation or just play with the dates on the same ship/itinerary. And, can I apply the $50 off cpn that RCCL recently sent out C&A members...looks like it applies to any 6+ nt cruise as far as I can tell. Any add'l info and advice you could offer is appreciated!

We change our reservations to different cruises all the time. Doesn't have to be the same ship. We also get the on board credit adjusted if the cruise we switch to is longer than our original reservation.

Just make sure you keep the same booking number...you only want to transfer your reservation, NOT cancel & rebook...and I "think" with the new changes since you booked onboard you CAN use the thank you coupon & keep the OBC..unless you have a platinum or diamond balcony discount you used...

Definitely can change. We did that with our upcoming cruise.

We change our reservations to different cruises all the time. Doesn't have to be the same ship. We also get the on board credit adjusted if the cruise we switch to is longer than our original reservation.

Wow...our OBC didn't change. (Maybe it wasn't long enough...we went from a 7 nt to a 12 nt.)

Definitely can change. We did that with our upcoming cruise.

Wow...our OBC didn't change. (Maybe it wasn't long enough...we went from a 7 nt to a 12 nt.)

If you don't ask for the OBC to be adjusted they most likely won't do it. It should have definitely increased. We've done it many times and it's never been a problem.

We're part of a group and are getting $100 onboard credit. That's the only advantage. We tried to upgrade since the cruise is cheaper now and we were told that we would have to lose 50 per cent because final payment has been made. If it hadn't been part of a group, we could have done it. What's the difference. We are still going on the same ship with the same group just wanted to change categories.

We're part of a group and are getting $100 onboard credit. That's the only advantage. We tried to upgrade since the cruise is cheaper now and we were told that we would have to lose 50 per cent because final payment has been made. If it hadn't been part of a group, we could have done it. What's the difference. We are still going on the same ship with the same group just wanted to change categories.

that's not right, if you want to upgrade as long as it wasn't on sale on the tuesday sales events then you can. Call back again today and I bet you get a different answer. If you are C & A call them, they have the most knowledgeable staff

Good luck with that.....we did basically the same thing when we were on Radiance, booked one cruise but told the LA that we wanted a cruise in 2012 (they weren't out yet) she said no problem, we could switch the sail date, get the discounted deposit and be able to keep the OBC AND get an upgrade ("deal of the day")....well, when the 2012 itineraries came out and we went to switch they weren't going to honor it. I wrote a LONG DETAILED email and sent it to RCCL & C&A, I named the LA that told us these things (kept her card), put in our C&A numbers and a how the whole transaction transpired. They eventually came around changed our reservation and gave us the benefits that they promised. It was alot of work, but it was worth it.

Your upgrade is not possible because you are booked into a Group and cabin allotment that is "finalized" . You you are getting an amenity(s) and someone else is earning 1 TC (cruise fare returned) for every 8 cabins .

(those are advantages , especially to that person(s) earning the TC)

The fact that your category is cheaper now (after final payment ) is because of a new rate code for close in bookings. As a Group Rate , your booking does not qualify.

that's not right, if you want to upgrade as long as it wasn't on sale on the tuesday sales events then you can. Call back again today and I bet you get a different answer. If you are C & A call them, they have the most knowledgeable staff

That's not true Sue L when she is part of an already paid for group. If the price point is not within the group she cannot change.

Archived