2 days in Bora Bora w/Princess

24butterfly

Which day, or does it matter, is better to do the excursion with Partick (or is it Bruno--but it's DEFINITELY a 3/4 day with one of them in Bora Bora) ? We're there from 8am the first day, then leave at 5pm the next day.

The day b4 we will have an excursion to Raiatea, and the next day after Bora Bora is Moorea.

The reason I ask is b/c since there are 2 days, what excursions are available on the 2nd day w/Princess, and (I believe it's been answered...but here goes) and what excursions are on the dock (not thru Princess) that we may book privately on the 2nd day, or should we book these things on the 1 st day ??? Thanks !

We're doing Patrick's 'combo' tour on our first day in BoraBora. The tour is all day, so we won't have to worry about what time we get back to the ship. We're going to do the Princess helmet dive on the second morning.

If you go to the cruise personalizer, it will show all the excursions that are available each day of the cruise. I don't know who may be there "on the dock", but if you check out the tahiti sites on the internet, they will list all of the islands, what to do, and who the private tour operators are.

When are you sailing? We're on the Oct 16th cruise on the Royal.

Which day, or does it matter, is better to do the excursion with Partick (or is it Bruno--but it's DEFINITELY a 3/4 day with one of them in Bora Bora) ? We're there from 8am the first day, then leave at 5pm the next day.

The day b4 we will have an excursion to Raiatea, and the next day after Bora Bora is Moorea.

The reason I ask is b/c since there are 2 days, what excursions are available on the 2nd day w/Princess, and (I believe it's been answered...but here goes) and what excursions are on the dock (not thru Princess) that we may book privately on the 2nd day, or should we book these things on the 1 st day ??? Thanks !

I have compiled a few notes from the various Bora Bora threads and other websites so will paste them here for your reference in helping you make your decisions. We are on the Nov 29 Royal Princess sailing and have booked Patrick's 3/4 day tour for our first day in BB and then the helmet dive on the afternoon of hte second day. I will probably rent a vehicle or sign up for a 4x4 drive of the island at the dock or the morning of the second day. Here are my notes:

Bora Bora - if you are just walking around in Bora Bora, if you go left after you leave the pier, about 2-3 blocks in that direction, there is a little grocery store that sells everything from food to drinks to clothing. There were car rentals and several tour operators at the dock offering a variety of lagoon and 4x4 tours.

One of the best things about some kind of water activity in Bora Bora and/or Moorea is the excursions are great for everyone because the water is so clear and beautiful that you really don't have to even get in the water to enjoy/watch all the activity from inside the boat. The views of the islands from a small boat are spectacular too. Everyone who takes Patrick’s snorkel tour raves about the experience. And, we wanted the roast pig baked in banana leaves in the sand! The fee for this 3/4 day trip with lunch & champagne, depends on the number of pax. With 7 booked, the fee will be $145 pp. That includes 3 snorkel stops (rays, black sharks). A number of the snorkeling tours are in pretty shallow water. There are a couple stops for snorkeling, and at least one of the stops on each tour is fairly shallow. The place where we were with the rays was in shallow water - about waist deep - so snorkels weren't necessary for that particular stop. The rays were all around swimming up to you and to Patrick to be fed. It was amazing. Patrick provided vests on the day as well as some snorkeling gear. Or you could purchase a snorkel vest before you go if you want your own. These floatation devices are great in an emergency and very easy to inflate if you find you can't handle the deeper water. And if you are really uneasy, you can blow it up before you get into the water, and there is absolutely no problem at all. Some other folks have noted the water is clear enough that even if you decide not to get into the water, you can probably still see things from the boat. The deepest water was where we saw the sharks and I believe it is an everyday occurrence. There was 2 types of shark a Black Tip Reef Shark and a Lemon Shark. The reef sharks are more likely to be at the top of the water and the Lemon shark generally stay on the bottom. The water in this area was about 15 metres deep (about 50 feet) and the lemon sharks were clearly visible from the top of the water. There was also tropical by the thousands. As noted above there is a ladder to get in and out of the boat and you WILL have a blast.

PATRICK’S 3/4 DAY TOUR ON THE LAGOON, WITH TAHITIAN FEAST or Tahitian BBQ - Payment is in cash in USD or travelers checks only, no down payment required. Can be private if you want, just for your group, and the pick up is at the dock where the ship tender leaves you off at 9:30 and back at 2:30pm.

6 people = $160 ea

7 people = $145 ea

8 people = $135 ea

9 people = $125 ea

10 people = $120 ea

I would recommend the 4 X 4 with guide (can book at dock). Exhilarating, vertical off-road climbs up mountains and stunning vistas. You can rent various fun vehicles (including bicycles – 4 hours) on BB, and it's not a long way around the island. In Bora Bora, the best beach we have found is Matira Beach, I can highly recommend it. It also has a covered pavilion so if it happens to rain a bit (which it does quite often), you have a place to take cover until it's over. There will be shuttles at the cruise port which cost you only $5 each way per person to this great beach. AND, if you would like to stop at Bloody Mary’s either coming or going (as it is on the way there or back), they will drop you off and arrange a time to pick you up and continue on your way (no extra charge).

Aqua Safari Helmet Dive - Wearing your swimsuit, don a yellow diving helmet for a spectacular experience to walk along under Bora Bora's spectacular lagoon; which some say is the most beautiful in the world. No diving experience is required, and you need not even be a swimmer to discover this exciting new world. Your head remains dry inside the helmet,

you can even wear your glasses and you remain in total security just a few feet below the surface. A taxi boat will come to pick you from the dock in Vaitape and will take you to a comfortable motorized catamaran where your instructor will explain the basic safety measures and diving signs. Plastic shoes, wetsuit, mask and snorkel are available as there will be time for snorkeling while others are taking their Aqua Safari as group size is

limited. Duration: 2 Hours group Price: $ 90 US each; no deposit, you can pay at the tour.

We're doing Patrick's 'combo' tour on our first day in BoraBora. The tour is all day, so we won't have to worry about what time we get back to the ship. We're going to do the Princess helmet dive on the second morning.

If you go to the cruise personalizer, it will show all the excursions that are available each day of the cruise. I don't know who may be there "on the dock", but if you check out the tahiti sites on the internet, they will list all of the islands, what to do, and who the private tour operators are.

When are you sailing? We're on the Oct 16th cruise on the Royal.

Thanks to both of you who posted. I totally agree with you and I had reserved the 1st BB day w/Patrick already, and I hope that we get more people--only 2 others have signed up. I'm so jealous--all the other cruises have alot more chatter going on, and we don't--I'm on the Dec. 29 sailing...Went to the cruise personalizer, did a "custom" thing--but it just lists all the excursions at once....I just want to swim and wave to the fish.

This is the current price list we received from Patrick recently for the full day Lagoon Tour and Motu picnic for our cruise in February 2011.

FULL DAY TOUR ON THE LAGOON, WITH TAHITIAN FEAST or Tahitian BBQ

Fare per person (US$)

Total (US$)

1- 850$

2 - 450$

3 - 310$

4 - 240$

5 - 220$

6 - 200$

7 - 175$

8 - 160$

9 - 150$

10 - 140$

11 - 130$

12 - 125$

Keep in mind those prices are for the full day tour. He has other tours also that aren't the full day, so possibly a little less.

Good reminder. I was comparing to the 2010 3/4 day tour price. Thanks for pointing that out.

We're booked for a cruise in the Fall of 2011 that visits Bora Bora, with a very active roll call, and there are a lot of us who will not be able to go with Patrick, because of the large number of interested people.

Does anyone know of another motu excursion operator for Bora Bora that is similar to Patrick's?

I just became a member today and am interested in booking Patrick's Bora Bora tour when we cruise on Royal Princess 11/29/10. How do I go about making the reservation?

Go to Princess Roll Calls and click on the Royal Princess. Find the 11/29 sailing and you'll find the rest of us from Cruise Critic going with you. Look forward to meeting you.

Sandy & Bruce, Allen TX:):):)

I just became a member today and am interested in booking Patrick's Bora Bora tour when we cruise on Royal Princess 11/29/10. How do I go about making the reservation?

As bridgemates has pointed out just before me, we have quite an active roll call for this sailing on Nov 29/10 for the Royal Princess. I have included the link to our roll call so hopefully you can find us and our discussions which has been going on for a few months. A number of us have already booked small group excursions including Patrick's tour in Bora Bora. Come join us and welcome to the cruise and cruise critic! When you find our roll call using the link, you may want to scroll to the posts of the past couple of days as I have updated our roll call list and the list of small group excursions/activities people are booked for to date. Most of the excursions still have space too. We can probably help with info if you have just started your research.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1063602

ps, I personally prefer to organize the thread discussions so I see the most recent post first rather than having to scroll through all the old ones to get to the more recent posts on the last pages. This was a great tip passed on to me from another cc member a while back.

As bridgemates has pointed out just before me, we have quite an active roll call for this sailing on Nov 29/10 for the Royal Princess. I have included the link to our roll call so hopefully you can find us and our discussions which has been going on for a few months. A number of us have already booked small group excursions including Patrick's tour in Bora Bora. Come join us and welcome to the cruise and cruise critic! When you find our roll call using the link, you may want to scroll to the posts of the past couple of days as I have updated our roll call list and the list of small group excursions/activities people are booked for to date. Most of the excursions still have space too. We can probably help with info if you have just started your research.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1063602

ps, I personally prefer to organize the thread discussions so I see the most recent post first rather than having to scroll through all the old ones to get to the more recent posts on the last pages. This was a great tip passed on to me from another cc member a while back.

Thank you for your help. I'm feeling really lost here. It is going to take awhile for me to figure out how to do this. I found your post of the list of excursions and those attending. We would like to book the Patrick's tour, but I don't know how to contact them. I don't see it listed with the Princess excursions, assuming it is not booked through the ship. Thank you for helping me.

Thank you for your help. I'm feeling really lost here. It is going to take awhile for me to figure out how to do this. I found your post of the list of excursions and those attending. We would like to book the Patrick's tour, but I don't know how to contact them. I don't see it listed with the Princess excursions, assuming it is not booked through the ship. Thank you for helping me.

welcome:) it may take a while to get used to the boards, but once you do, you will get addicted!! you find so much info on the ships, ports, tours etc. if you start with your rollcall and someone has this tour booked, they can take your info and include you with the group. private tours are way better, cheaper and smaller groups. have a great time in the polynesian islands:)

Miatagranna

Laura on our roll call for the Nov 29 sailing has been the one in touch with Patrick and organizing the Bora Bora excursion. We have filled one boat and are working on filling the second. If you post on our Nov 29 roll call, ask Laura to add you to her list. Sylvia organized the helmet dive for Bora Bora and I have been the one to initially organize with Bruno's tour for Raiatea though each person/couple contacts him directly via his website or email to book and make the deposit. Much easier if you post your questions on our roll call and then the group can help you out with info or your questions or you can join with our current organized plans. Most of us on the role call are not doing Princes excursions as we find it much more individualized and economical to book private small group excursions. Discovering the cruise critic website has been so worthwhile and fun for me the past few years. Don't know how I managed to plan a cruise without it before!:D

ps A very useful tool if you haven't already discovered it is to go upward to the right side where you will see thread tools and from the drop down select subscribe to this thread. That way you will receive notification any time there are updates to the threads you are interested in such as the roll call or specific port info etc. You can select instant notification or other options of your preference. That way your email will notify you when there is something new posted.

Archived