wine at table

ronl

If you bring wine on board your cruise and bring it to the table ( approx 6-8 bottles)( for the whole cruise) and if you are sitting at a table of 6-8 would you offer your table mates to try the wine the first night and would you offer the wine the outher nights we are at the first sitting for dinner, just wondering what the right protocall is thank you

It is up to you whether to share you wine with others. From what I have seen there is a lot less sharing the wine at the table then there used to be. I remember in the past everyone took turns buying a bottle. I would not do it after the first night.

I don't think there is any "protocol" on that.

We usually choose not to share our wine as we are anytime diners and rarely see tablemates again. Once however, when the other couple also had wine, we both shared for tasting.

We were at a table for 8 where one couple did exactly this. They didn't offer to share, and none of the rest of us were offended that they didn't. A bottle won't even go around a table for 8 once, unless everyone gets only a sip!

Archived