Zaandam "S"--No Desk???

DrFUN

We've put a deposit on a Zaandam "S"--but when I study the virtual tour and layout, I can't see that there's a desk in this stateroom (other than the dressing table in the separate dressing room). Can anyone let me know where you put your laptop or write notes:confused:

It's pretty amazing NOT to have even ONE desk in this large deluxe suite, when even the regular balcony staterooms have them. :rolleyes:

I love the Neptune Lounge and other perks (had an S on the Maasdam and aft corner SC on the Oosterdam), but we've also had a BB on the Rotterdam and were fine with it.

This is for a 24-night sailing from Kobe to Vancouver.

Thanks for any advice,

Mary-Lou

P.S.

Is port-side mid-ships on Navigation Deck OK (not too noisy from deck above)? And is the balcony covered?

• 2 weeks later...
We've put a deposit on a Zaandam "S"--but when I study the virtual tour and layout, I can't see that there's a desk in this stateroom (other than the dressing table in the separate dressing room). Can anyone let me know where you put your laptop or write notes:confused:

It's pretty amazing NOT to have even ONE desk in this large deluxe suite, when even the regular balcony staterooms have them. :rolleyes:

I love the Neptune Lounge and other perks (had an S on the Maasdam and aft corner SC on the Oosterdam), but we've also had a BB on the Rotterdam and were fine with it.

This is for a 24-night sailing from Kobe to Vancouver.

Thanks for any advice,

Mary-Lou

P.S.

Is port-side mid-ships on Navigation Deck OK (not too noisy from deck above)? And is the balcony covered?

Hi DrFun,

Suggestion for a desk since the photos on my site show that for the S category, you are right, there is not a desk. I can suggest 2 things:

1. IF the coffee table is height adjustable (though from the photos it does not look like it, BUT ask your Steward to see) you may be able to raise it to table/desk height.

2. There is an end table between the sofa and the verandah door. If you move the coffee table more towards the door and move the end table to use it as a desk....

http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Zaandam/GP_ZaandamTour016.jpg

Joanie

Archived