How many?

ovccruiser

Appologies if this has been asked before, but for consumption in the dinning room, how many bottles of wine are you allowed to take on board?

I believe that it's a officially a bottle per passenger, with a $15 corkage charge. There have been reports that the limits are not uniformly enforced ;-)

hmmmm so taking a case of 12 between 4 of us would be out of the question:cool:

I've a friend who travels with P+O and they take on 4 bottles each for a cruise without issue and have done for a few years now..

I know it's a different brand, but its the same people checking the luggage/x-ray at the terminals in Southampton and surely they dont have individual guides per brand, they won't care what ship its going on!

Maybe a bottle per bag and (if you've two bags each to checkin) and one or two possibly in hand luggage? They aren't going to tot them all up are they?

I don't know if it will be enforced. To explain I have to relate a story from a cruise that I took 4 years ago. We met the owners of a very well known and excellent winery in Washington State. They were cruising with their winemaker and had at least 2 bottles of their wines at their table each night. Several times during the cruise they asked us to join them to sample some of their wines. They did not pay a corkage fee during the entire 14 days of the trip as they made sure that the sommolier sampled everything. They also ended up with an order for several cases of their wine to be delivered to both the Symphony and the Serenity. We bought several bottles with us on that trip and did not pay corkage either. We also gave our sommolier samples as well. The bottom line is that the amount of wine bought on ship is not monitored. Enjoy.

Just had thought, can you bring wine onboard from each port of call, 2 bottles per couple?

I have often taken a case of wine on board at Southampton, checked it as luggage with the cabin label and fragile labels and it has turned up in the cabin before the bags. I once has Sainsburys deliver some internet shopping to the ship with wine, spiritrs etc. You should have no problem at all and if you are buying the bottles as the trip progresses I can almost guarantee no big deal.

I once has Sainsburys deliver some internet shopping to the ship with wine, spiritrs etc.

That is a good idea. How do you arrange delivery to the ship? I presume that they accepted the delivery, but how did it end up in your room?

That is a good idea. How do you arrange delivery to the ship? I presume that they accepted the delivery, but how did it end up in your room?

I got the postcode of the dock from Southampton Docks website and then used that BUT they now make it very very difficult at Sainsburys site, you need to go there to see it on the delivery/book a slot page. I think they don't want to do it. As to delivery, the security called me as I was already embarked ( shopping was late) and a bit tongue in cheek I asked if he would have it delivered to us, and he did. I did it twice about 2 -3 years ago but not since. Let me know if it works, good luck.

I got the postcode of the dock from Southampton Docks website and then used that BUT they now make it very very difficult at Sainsburys site, you need to go there to see it on the delivery/book a slot page. I think they don't want to do it. As to delivery, the security called me as I was already embarked ( shopping was late) and a bit tongue in cheek I asked if he would have it delivered to us, and he did. I did it twice about 2 -3 years ago but not since. Let me know if it works, good luck.

Thanks for that.

I have just been onto the Sainsburys website and selecting another delivery address was easy. What I was more interested in was how did security know that you were actually on the ship and how did they get your room number? I presume that they rang your mobile number which you had supplied to Sainsburys (and therefore the delivery driver) as part of your Sainsburys profile.

The reason I ask this is not only in case I actually use Sainsburys but also in case I decide to use a courier company to deliver my luggage rather that the ridiculously expensive White Star service.

Thanks for that.

I have just been onto the Sainsburys website and selecting another delivery address was easy. What I was more interested in was how did security know that you were actually on the ship and how did they get your room number? I presume that they rang your mobile number which you had supplied to Sainsburys (and therefore the delivery driver) as part of your Sainsburys profile.

The reason I ask this is not only in case I actually use Sainsburys but also in case I decide to use a courier company to deliver my luggage rather that the ridiculously expensive White Star service.

I had put the cabin number on the order as I recall but the phone number would work

Archived