Early Miami Departure

siouxrose

This question comes up on the boards all the time. If things go well you will make the flight. If there are delays you may not. If it was me I would call the airline and since they changed the flight time I would ask about a later flight. Others will say no problem.

I just don't like to spoil the cruise or rush off the ship or just in general worry about this so I go with the later flight.

Keith

I agree with Keith. Altho you could make it, (and some here will say, "Sure, I did"), I wouldn't end a vacation worrying and wondering if I'll miss a plane. All it takes is one thing to slow the process, (traffic, missing bag, long lines)and you are looking for a later flight at the airport anyways. :rolleyes:

You have to decide what is your comfort level.

We, like to have a leisurely breakfast onboard and mosey on off the ship on our schedule. Not waiting in lines and hunting for bags among thousands.

For sure you would need to carry your own bags and move as soon as the ship clears customs.

We had this happen one time and I originally said yes. Then, after thinking about it, I called the airline back and told them that the time was not good for me. Even though it meant staying over another night, I had them put me on a flight for the next day. They did so without charging me the change flight charge.

Miami is such a crazy airport and if there are a lot of ships disembarking that day, you could be really held up going through security.

Archived