Baggage at Debarkation

Nanatochase

I'm sure someone can answer this for me, because my cruise critic fans are so knowledgeable....I've never cruised Princess before, but on the "other" lines, when you get ready to leave the ship, they have a program (for a fee) that when you put your bags out the night before leaving, you do not see your bags again until you reach your final destination at your home airport. Does Princess have this service? I've read on here that a private company (Bags to go) provides this service, but I'd rather stick to the cruise ship service if possible. Thank you in advance for your answers.

Yes. Princess offers "EZ Check" whereby you put your luggage out the night before and don't see it until you arrive at your destination. It's not offered at all ports or for all airlines; however, for all sailings after September 1, it will be offered at those disembarkation ports not offering it now. You will receive forms in your cabin during the cruise to fill out and drop off at the Purser's Desk. You can't pre-arrange it. If you are approved, i.e., your airline is participating, they will print out your boarding passes, give you airline luggage tags, and ship's tags for your luggage. It works like a charm. You just show up at the airport and go directly to Security. FYI, the time of your flight will also determine whether you are eligible. It has to be after a certain time, depending on the airport. The charge is $20/pp.

Like Pam said, this option is not offered at all ports and all airlines. However, if you are disembarking at Port Everglades and flying Southwest, Bags to Go acts as an agent for Southwest... they will be immediately outside the terminal and for $10 per bag will tag your bag to its final destination and give you your boarding passes. You do not have to check in at SWA at the airport and can then go right to security.

We have used them several tiems and will do so again next week also. Has always worked well and is worth the $$$. Especially at FLL, the check in lines can get very long on a busy port day.

Thank you for the info. That is exactly what I needed to know. We are leaving on Southwest and from FLL. Our flight is 12 noon. So, Bags-to-go is a good company? It will be so nice not to have to deal with luggage after the cruise.

Thank you for the info. That is exactly what I needed to know. We are leaving on Southwest and from FLL. Our flight is 12 noon. So, Bags-to-go is a good company? It will be so nice not to have to deal with luggage after the cruise.

Yes the only issue is you would have to claim your bags in the terminal or carry them off yourself, then go to the kiosk set up right outside the exit from the terminal.

This is what I wanted to avoid. I wanted to put out my bags on the ship and not see them again until home airport. So, what you're saying is that if flying Southwest, then we have to go with Bags-to-Go? Does anyone know if Princess excepts the EZ-check for Southwest directly? Because I read on here that you have to pre-arrange this with bags-to-go.

This is what I wanted to avoid. I wanted to put out my bags on the ship and not see them again until home airport. So, what you're saying is that if flying Southwest, then we have to go with Bags-to-Go? Does anyone know if Princess excepts the EZ-check for Southwest directly? Because I read on here that you have to pre-arrange this with bags-to-go.

No thats why you have to check them outside the terminal.

http://www.bagstogo.net/

Unless things have changed recently, SWA does not participate with Princess on EZ Check.

But don't fret.... pick up your bags in the terminal and it is probably 150 feet to the Bags To Go folks outside the terminal... all on the same level...no stairs, etc to deal with.... it is all a good trade-off for what it gets you

You do not prearrange this with Bags to Go... this is well worth avoiding the standing in long check in lines at the airport....get your boarding pass and go straight to security.

Like Pam said, this option is not offered at all ports and all airlines. However, if you are disembarking at Port Everglades and flying Southwest, Bags to Go acts as an agent for Southwest... they will be immediately outside the terminal and for $10 per bag will tag your bag to its final destination and give you your boarding passes. You do not have to check in at SWA at the airport and can then go right to security.

We have used them several tiems and will do so again next week also. Has always worked well and is worth the $$$. Especially at FLL, the check in lines can get very long on a busy port day.

Sounds like a good deal. What happens if you have prepaid Southwest an additional $10.00 fee for priority boarding? Will that be noted on the boarding passes given out by Bags to Go? Thanks, Marie

Sounds like a good deal. What happens if you have prepaid Southwest an additional $10.00 fee for priority boarding? Will that be noted on the boarding passes given out by Bags to Go? Thanks, Marie

That additional $10 means that the Southwest computers will generate your boarding number in the minute before 24 hours before the flight (when anyone can sign in and get a boarding position).

Thus, the boarding pass given to you should have the position you paid for.

Archived