King Kam Car Rental Return Problems???

teacherman

It is my understanding that when you rent a car at the King Kam Hotel in Kona you return the car to a parking lot and drop the keys in a box, because the counter closes at noon. Just wondering if anyone has had any "problems" with being charged for scratches or damages to the car that they did not notice when they dropped car in the lot? If we rent from the Enterprise office on Luhia Street, we return it to a person. Any advice/info is welcome. Thank you.

It is my understanding that when you rent a car at the King Kam Hotel in Kona you return the car to a parking lot and drop the keys in a box, because the counter closes at noon. Just wondering if anyone has had any "problems" with being charged for scratches or damages to the car that they did not notice when they dropped car in the lot? If we rent from the Enterprise office on Luhia Street, we return it to a person. Any advice/info is welcome. Thank you.

I rented a car from Thrifty at the King Kam in late May. Thrifty has you fill out a little form before you leave and mark all dents, scratches, and other damages to the car. I was sure to be very thorough about this. When I returned the car, the keys did not go in a box, they went to the people at the main lobby desk. I had no problems and to me the time I saved was well worth it. Many of us got good deals on the rental through this site:

http://hawaiicruisecars.com/

I rented a car from them in August and returned my keys to the desk. I had no problems and no extra charges were added. You are also asked to leave them a gas receipt with the keys showing that you filled the tank before dropping it off.

When we were in Hawaii last Nov, we rented from Enterprise because all vehicles at King Kam were reserved. Enterprise has a pickup/dropoff shuttle to the pier. Enterprise is really close by...5 minutes away, tops.

I find the car rental companies in Hawaii are really lenient when it comes to minor dings, dents, and scuff marks. When I returned my minivan in Honolulu, the manager didn't even look at the vehicle.

If you are diligent about noting the defects when you pick up the car, you have little to fear.

Remember, they are going to turn around and rent the car to someone else as soon as they can, and they will note any defects before they do. If you did not cause any damage your pre-rental defect notes will agree with what they see and there will be no discrepancy to be charged for.

Archived