Summit/Millie question

monkeyinhat

I have been reading all the debating posts on the condition of the Summit and a lot of Summit reviews,

but do not read a lot about the Millienium on this board. I know they are sister ships, but aren't they the same age. Has Millie been refurbished lately ?

We are booked on the Summit thinking of changing to Millie for itenerary, I know the ships either way will be great with me. Just curious as to why Millie doesn't get the same news and traffic as summit.

It's just because Summit is sailing out of the NY market this summer to Bermuda and the level of neuroses/bitchiness is far far higher there. That being said, I'm a native NYer but a chilled out one! :)

Take no heed, they are older ships and X keeps them in good shape but they are by no means brand spanking new either! Have been on both in the past year and had a great time both times!

Jeff

Don't believe everything you read. Some people are paranoid. Summit is a great ship and so is Millie....Just go and enjoy your cruise and if by some chance there is a problem, ASK for it to be fixed and I'm sure if it's humanly possible, they will accommodate your request. I have that much faith in the crew..

Take the Millie, better itinerary and San Juan airport is much better on Monday/Friday than it is on the weekend. SJU is so bad on the weekends it made in into the the song Volcano by Jimmy Buffet. If you do the Summit try to say in San Juan before and after the cruise.

I am fine with older ships. I was just curious as to why there was a lot more activity on the Summit discussions and threads than Millenium

I am going to rebook tomorrow for Millenium and cancel Summit. 3 more days for 100.00 more, I just can't pass that up . Sad though giving up my aft big old lovable balcony , but I think I can survive it.

thanks for the replies any info appreciated.

We just did the 11-day S. Caribbean out of San Juan in Feb of this year aboard Millie. The ship was in GREAT shape...and the itinerary was awesome! The only problem we had was that Select Dining was REALLY disorganized and chaotic. We were sorry we chose that option. The food was just OK....not terrific. Otherwise, the cruise was great!

I am fine with older ships. I was just curious as to why there was a lot more activity on the Summit discussions and threads than Millenium

I am going to rebook tomorrow for Millenium and cancel Summit. 3 more days for 100.00 more, I just can't pass that up . Sad though giving up my aft big old lovable balcony , but I think I can survive it.

They are both beautiful ships in fine condition. We were just on Summit last month. I'd say however that if you're getting three extra days for only 100. more, it's a no brainer! Enjoy Millie!

It's just because Summit is sailing out of the NY market this summer to Bermuda and the level of neuroses/bitchiness is far far higher there. That being said, I'm a native NYer but a chilled out one! :)

Jeff you couldnt possibly be more accurate! As someone who grew up and still works in NJ right outside of NYC, people out here will argue with God about clouds if they are not formed in the shape that they want. Im going to Bermuda on the Summit next May and am avoiding the detractors like the plague. I must admit, as a psychologist, I have to thank the overly neurotic population of the NJ/NYC area for funding my trip. Keep arguing with those clouds!! LOL:D

Jeff you couldnt possibly be more accurate! As someone who grew up and still works in NJ right outside of NYC, people out here will argue with God about clouds if they are not formed in the shape that they want. Im going to Bermuda on the Summit next May and am avoiding the detractors like the plague. I must admit, as a psychologist, I have to thank the overly neurotic population of the NJ/NYC area for funding my trip. Keep arguing with those clouds!! LOL:D

:) god bless them all! I thank them as well for the hours of free entertainment! lol...

Although I will say one thing about the NY cruise crowd...I have seen some incredibly competitive show tune trivia played on board and even won once!

I'm of course saying all of this half in jest people, although, it does contain at least a kernel of truth doesn't it? lol...

Jeff

It's just because Summit is sailing out of the NY market this summer to Bermuda and the level of neuroses/bitchiness is far far higher there. That being said, I'm a native NYer but a chilled out one!

Jeff you couldnt possibly be more accurate! As someone who grew up and still works in NJ right outside of NYC, people out here will argue with God about clouds if they are not formed in the shape that they want. Im going to Bermuda on the Summit next May and am avoiding the detractors like the plague. I must admit, as a psychologist, I have to thank the overly neurotic population of the NJ/NYC area for funding my trip. Keep arguing with those clouds!!

:) god bless them all! I thank them as well for the hours of free entertainment! lol...

Although I will say one thing about the NY cruise crowd...I have seen some incredibly competitive show tune trivia played on board and even won once!

I'm of course saying all of this half in jest people, although, it does contain at least a kernel of truth doesn't it?

Mentioning only Nyers is rather condesending, wouldn't you say? :rolleyes:..;)

Yes there are a lot of loud mouths that cruise from NY...However, there are quite a few that come from Jersey, PA, Ct, and many other states as well. (no offense to any New Jerseyans on here!:D )

For the record, we have taken many, many cruises out of New York.

I can't think of anything we didn't like about them. ;)

Happy sailing to all!:D

It is my understanding that the Millennium was refurbished in January of 2010 and not in 2009. It was not a major refurbishment but mechanical/paint/some places new carpeting and for some better cabins flat screen T.V's. and the like...

Mentioning only Nyers is rather condesending, wouldn't you say? :rolleyes:..;)

Yes there are a lot of loud mouths that cruise from NY...However, there are quite a few that come from Jersey, PA, Ct, and many other states as well. (no offense to any New Jerseyans on here!:D )

As someone who was born and still works in New Jersey (the place better known as New York's septic tank) I would never want to excluse those lovely citizens from criticism :D lol You never know, we could have a "Jersey Shore" filming on board though I think Celebrity should adopt a "Snooki Free" Policy to avoid any future complications related to those baffoons. Oh and as an italian american who once owned a red IROC convertable and hung out at Seaside, I just call it like i see it ;)

We were also booked on the Summit, 7 days in the Caribbean in March and found out that the cruise on Milli was offered for only $100 dollars more pp, for a 10 day cruise, so of course we took the extra time on the ship for the additional cost....We never thought we afford the extra 3 days in our price range! We will be pampered for an additional 3 days on the sea's.

Thanks Celebrity for the great deal....;)

We just did the 11-day S. Caribbean out of San Juan in Feb of this year aboard Millie. The ship was in GREAT shape...and the itinerary was awesome! The only problem we had was that Select Dining was REALLY disorganized and chaotic. We were sorry we chose that option. The food was just OK....not terrific. Otherwise, the cruise was great!

We have booked Select Dining for October cruise. Can you please elaborate on the problems you encountered? Did you make reservations? Request individual table or agree to share, etc? Thanks for the feedback.

We sailed on the Millenium in June to Alaska and had Select Dining every night (except for one night at the Olympic) at a different table for two overlooking downstairs with no waiting. Hostess and staff were great. Select Dining is ONLY upstairs on one side and was not available if you hadn't signed up early beforehand.

Archived