Splendor- dining time and Kids Club orientation/dance on first night

crAZytwinmomma

Ok so can someone tell me their experience &/or opinion...

I heard that it is a good idea to go to the Camp Carnival dance the first night on the ship so the kids can maybe meet a few friends they will see the next day at Camp Carnival.

Well, we have late dining & the time seems like a conflict regardless of which dining you have. We are considering TRYING to switch to earlier dining, but aren't sure. I am also wondering for that first night which dining would allow us to eat in the MDR AND go to the orientation and dance.

Our twin girls are 5 years old and we can't seem to make up our mind which dining option is better... We hope to eat in the MDR whenever possible but we also wonder the timing of any shows.

Are their "family" friendly shows or just really adult ones in the early evening/evening????

I know if we want even a slim chance to change our dining time we need to do so (and cross our fingers) ASAP with the matre d. We are on the wait list currently.

not sure about the splendor but on the Conquest we went to the dance thing and didn't interfere with dinner....

I don't really remember the kids doing much mingling with other kids all that much thoughbecuase we were there..they do better withthe mingling without us there....but it was fun...be ready to be silly with your kids and have your kids possibly laugh at you..or with you....or both. They did a version of hot potato with a balloon that whoever had the balloon when the music stopped had to sit on it in the middle of the dance floor and pop it...they did some dancing different stuff and a few games. It was fun for all....

we have a cruise booked on the ecstasy and the conquest and my DD has been bugging me about if they wil do it on the Ecstasy like they did on the conquest and knows for a fact that she will be at the one on the conquest! she is READY!

When I was reading your post I was shocked to find out your daughters were only 5 years old. If you think your having a hard time now, just wait 10 years. Mom & Dad enjoy your Vacation, have dinner at the same time as you do at home this way your daughters won't be falling asleep at dinner,8pm is late for little ones. I have a seventeen year old daughter who gets grumpy if we have late dining after a full day of fun

We were on the Splendor on May 27 with a 12 year old and 13 year older, we had late dining and they missed dessert every night by choice to get to the dance for Circle C. Once our waiter caught on to why they were skipping out he brought their dessert during dinner so they won't miss out. I do wish they would schedule activities a little later for this age group so it doesn't confict with dinner.

We were on the Splendor on May 27 with a 12 year old and 13 year older, we had late dining and they missed dessert every night by choice to get to the dance for Circle C. Once our waiter caught on to why they were skipping out he brought their dessert during dinner so they won't miss out. I do wish they would schedule activities a little later for this age group so it doesn't confict with dinner.

Yeap, thats my story,my DD had to leave in the middle of dinner everynight so she didn't miss any of the kids activities. We like the late dinner seating and it didn't bother us or her one bit to have to leave a little early.

If i remember right CC goes on until 3am, but after 10 or 11pm there is a fee, there is also a latenight slumber party one evening.

We may be selfish parents.....but we usually take our three year old to the buffet earlier and have her eat, then we drop her off at the Kids Club so we can enjoy our quiet dinner in the MDR or Steakhouse. We bring her to the MDR for breakfast and sometimes lunch (or we eat with her at the buffet) so she gets all the experiences.

I think this is the best thing about cruising - the chance you get as parents of young kids to have some time alone and finish some sentences!

About the first night, since the Kids Club won't be open, perhaps it would be a good time to do the buffet for dinner if it seems like getting to the MDR would be difficult timing-wise.

I appreciate your insight... It will help me make up our mind for sure;)

The 8:15 pm dining time when you consider the time change for us would be like 6:15 pm for us... so I am thinking it won't be that bad for them. What activites are there for kids age 5 in the evening?

We are so used to having them at home eat dinner (and we always eat as a family at home), shower or family game, then book and bed. It is hard to imagine them going to a night activity.

My inlaws will be on the cruise with us and I know they liked the late dining on their last cruise. I am sure we will want all 6 of us to eat together for dinner...at least more often than not.

We may be selfish parents.....but we usually take our three year old to the buffet earlier and have her eat, then we drop her off at the Kids Club so we can enjoy our quiet dinner in the MDR or Steakhouse. .

No no, not selfish parents - smart parents. We will probably do the same thing and my boys are 6 & 9.:)

Good idea about doing dinner at the buffet early with the little ones. We have a 2 year old. We purposefully rescheduled our cruise to later in the year after she turns two so that we can have quiet time. We love our daughter but she is a real busy body.:o

Archived