First timer

sra_jdavis

Hello All,

My name is Jennifer and i live in Las Vegas. Me and my girlfriend are planning a cruise to Mexico for next year Sep-Oct time frame. I wanted to get some cruisers opinions on 2 cruises through carnival. One is an 8 day leaving San Diego on the Carnival Spirit. The other is a 7 day leaving Long Beach on Carnival Splendor. The main question i have is which is a better ship amenities wise? We are going on this cruise for a relaxing vacation, not to party. We will be mainly doing low key things on the ship and the ports we will be shopping and maybe do some adventure type things or tours. The 8 day goes to Acuapulco and a couple other ports. The 7 day goes to Maz, Puerto V. and Cabo. Is there any real differences between the ports beside being on opposite sides. I am very new to all of this and have never been to Mexico, we will be driving to the port so the airport convenience doeasn't matter :) Thanks for all the help in advance:D

The Splendor is a new ship having begun service in July of 2008 vs. the Spirit which began service in April of 2011. The Splendor is also larger.

I would go with the Splendor.

Keith

Hi Keith,

Would April of 2001 be more believable? ;)

Regards, JB

We were really attracted to the Splendor because they had the Spa Balcony rooms that weren't too much more than the balcony rooms. I suppose the Spa / Fitness area is one of the most important things for us. We will have access to the Spa Thermal Suite and locker room (included in what we already paid - otherwise it is around $250 for two), plus we are on the same floor which means it is really easy to get to the gym. I don't know anything about the Spirit and whether or not they have the Spa Rooms.

It is also convenient for us because we will be traveling with our 3 year old and the kids club is one floor down, and there are a couple of great things on the same deck or one deck up for her -- mini golf, splash park, huge waterslide. This obviously won't matter for you. There are Spa rooms on the next deck below too.

We don't care too much about the ports on a Mexican Riviera cruise. We have already been to all of them. We always say we might just never get off the ship, but we end up getting off and doing something anyway. But I think you will find good stuff to do on either itinerary.

Well we have decided on the Splendor out of LA next Oct/Nov. I guess the Spirit itinerary out of san diego is ending after this year. But we think we will find more things to do on the splendor and at PV, Mazatlan and Cabo. Thanks for the help, and yes i think we are going to get the spa balcony also

Archived