Late September temperatures?

MagSeven1413

We sail from Honolulu Sept 24 and will hit 3 islands before heading towards Tahiti. Since this is a first (the Caribbean is familiar to us), we're not sure if we need to bring along some type of a jacket or long sleeve clothing. We've never taken any on our Caribbean cruises so any suggestions and comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

J & K

You will need a sweater or jacket for the ship as they keep the area's very cool in order to keep the germs down. And if you have been tanning in the daytime you know how you feel the cold more so at night, woman especially.

You will need a sweater or jacket for the ship as they keep the area's very cool in order to keep the germs down. And if you have been tanning in the daytime you know how you feel the cold more so at night, woman especially.
I agree - the ship's A/C is a story in itself. I think the DW always has her little travel sweater for the flight anyway.

I live in Kailua on Oahu. September is hot! But like they said above, you'll definitely need a sweater or light jacket for on the ship - carry it with you everywhere every night! Off the ship, the only place you'll need a jacket is if you drive to the top of Haleakala for the sunrise - FREEZING up there! :D

I find my historic weather data at The Weather Channel web site. From Sept 15th til the end of the month Honolulu has an average high of 89 and the average low will be 74. Lahaina has a avg high of 88 & low of 70. Hilo is 83 & 69. Here's a link to the Honolulu info for September on TWC:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/fitness/wxclimatology/daily/USHI0026?climoMonth=9

They list average daily high & low, mean temp along with record high and low for each day. They even show sunrise & sunset times.

Archived