Our Star cruise experience Feb 1-9, 2005

Montreid

I've scanned in the Freestyle Daily and each .pdf file is 7MB! I've tried scanning at lower resolutions than 150dpi, but they didn't come out readable.

That mean if I send them: ~60MB in total will be coming your way.

Before I send them and start crashing everyone's email accounts, please let me know if you're still interested. I'm emailing everyone above this post so they can reply privately on what to do.

Montreid

I know this took some effort and time on your part, but I am glad you did! I would like them too if you still are sending them. I don't think AOL can handle a single 60MB email but should be able to do 7MB at a time. E-mail is pd4st@aol.com.

Thanks

Great review of the star....we're going in late april and also have two children aged 4-1/2 and 1-1/2....any tips on the kids programs, good places to be with the kids on board...room tips? Would love to see a copy of the menus, etc. Thanks cpbodnar@shaw.ca

2nd groups of dailies and menus being sent now.....

We had the inside cabin and the third twin bed actually was a trumble that made three twin completely next to each other--making a super giant oversized king bed. We ended up not using the quad bed that was the bunk because it was so much more convenient having 1 adult handle each child at night. Overall, we really loved how that worked out.

Baggage: we used two large duffel bags for the majority of the clothing so it collapses easily and saved a lot of space. Bring backpacks for each child so that they can tote around their favorite toys around the ship for meals, shows, and downtime activities. Don't bring a double stroller--No manuevering room in the halls for them. 2 individual umbrella strollers were more than adequate for us.

Food: we utilized the kid's cafe every day. Much more comfortable setting for the little ones and they loved climbing over the soft cube seats. Plus, given that this was a designated kid area, we felt perfectly fine letting the kids wander and be kids instead of constantly having them strictly mind their manners as would be in the dining rooms. The kid buffet was mostly hot dogs, chicken dinosaur shaped nuggets (a la costco), and hamburgers. It was located very close to the buffet line and deck grill/sandwich lines too.

One note: JUICE. Only served in the mornings in the buffet (otherwise only in the main dining rooms), so bring bottles to stock up on it and store in your decent sized cabin refrigerator for the day. They switched out the juice dispensers ~1100AM.

Kids programs: cute thing they do is give cutie names to the counsellors. Ladybug headed up the 2-5 age group and was wonderful. They had very active programs and flexed as the weather and timing allowed. Sessions lasted about 2-3 hours usually. Themes included under sea adventure, jungle time, un-birthday party, dance party, teddy bear picnic, carribean night, martian madness, blues clues. Outside the programs, they particularly liked the kids pool & the outside area located aft on Deck 12 (by the ice cream parlor!) and the Carousel bar because of the giant horses there. Deck 7 promenade was also a favorite as well as the atrium Deck 7 and 8.

Acapulco was already hot 90 in Feb. Would definately put CiCi as a destination after the 100pm cliff divers.

Thanks Mont Reid!

Your tips are great...looking forward to seeing the ship in a few months. Was wondering if they have fresh fruit for most of the day...one of my little guys is a bit picky when it comes to some food, but will most often not turn away fresh fruit!

Thanks Mont Reid!

Your tips are great...looking forward to seeing the ship in a few months. Was wondering if they have fresh fruit for most of the day...one of my little guys is a bit picky when it comes to some food, but will most often not turn away fresh fruit!

Yes, they had a ton of fresh fruit at each meal. Papaya, honeydew, cantaloupe, pineapple. Apples, bananas, grapes too. They freshly cut them for you too. Nice touch I thought.

I was wondering if you asked for a crib? Was it a pack & play? Our 13 mo. old granddaughter will be with us and the pack and play on the Spirit in Sept. was adequate. I'm looking forward to the Freestyle's and appreciate you going the extra mile to send them to all of us. sjwoods26@msn.com. Thanks!!!

Thanks for the informative detail on your cruise. My sister had sent me lots of reviews (most were negative). It was nice to see a positive one. I am sailing on the May 8, 2005 sailing from Los Angeles to Vancouver (Pacific Coastal) and am interested on the menus. My email address is ksmcfad@hotmail.com.

We just returned from sailing on the NCL Star( 2-9 through 2-17). We have sailed on numerous cruise lines. This was the first time we sailed on NCL. The ship was beautiful, employees very friendly, service great, and excellent food. We went on a Celebrity cruise to Hawaii last November, and I must say, NCL beat them in every way. Our #1 cruise line had been Princess, I now put NCL right up there with Princess. Also, the Free Style dining is wonderful!:)

Archived