Tropical Depression/Hurricane Danielle

bluefintuna

If you're not worried , we're not worried !

Thanks for the updates and we'll see you next week !!!

Here we come BERMUDA :)

Hi all,

At the moment, the shrapnel in my leg is not playing up, which means a clean miss or at worst a closest approach of over 100 miles. 'Course, the old wound has been wrong before, but we're all keeping a close eye on the shark oil on our patios, just in case.

Seriously, we're not worried much yet, as the average track takes it well to the East - which is the best scenario for you cruisers.

Here's the best site to track it on. Techies can have fun turning on all the options like the various computer models, cloud, radar etc.

http://www.stormpulse.com/

Have Fun!

Hey Family cruisers,where in HJ you from,your husband look familiar?We live just north of Trenton and I have worked all around the surrounding area including 3 years at the State House.I know him from somewhere.

Don

by GIANTS stadium !!!

I guess not than but he must have a twin that works at the State House!

Hope you have a nice cruise,we have done the same itinerary you are with stops in St.G and Hamilton 3 times and really like it,much easier to see the island.We always rented the scooter first thing and it is just so much fun to ride around where ever you want to go.There's a nice quite beach just west of the airport that is real nice to go to from ST.G's not many tourist go there and its never crowded,I'll have to look up the name on Google Earth.This time were stuck at the Dockyard,so we decided to take the ferry with the scooter to ST.G's and take the day and ride back to the ship.

Looks like Ms D won't be a factor,let's just hope if Earl wakes up he stays south this time!

They say everyone has a twin out there !

This will be our 4th or 5th time to BDA.

We're thrilled to be doing the St.Georges / Hamilton again. Our favorite yet.

My fingers/ toes are crossed for no hurricanes, calm seas ??? and sunny skies !

I guess not than but he must have a twin that works at the State House!

Hope you have a nice cruise,we have done the same itinerary you are with stops in St.G and Hamilton 3 times and really like it,much easier to see the island.We always rented the scooter first thing and it is just so much fun to ride around where ever you want to go.There's a nice quite beach just west of the airport that is real nice to go to from ST.G's not many tourist go there and its never crowded,I'll have to look up the name on Google Earth.This time were stuck at the Dockyard,so we decided to take the ferry with the scooter to ST.G's and take the day and ride back to the ship.

Looks like Ms D won't be a factor,let's just hope if Earl wakes up he stays south this time!

A general idea of what kind of sea conditions various wind speeds can produce.

This is far from exact and can be very variable depending on conditions but gives a rough estimate.

Wave height at various wind speeds

wind wave

speed height

15mph 3 feet

20 5

25 6

30 10

35 12

40 15

45 20

50 22

55 28

60 32

65 38

70 42

75 45

80 50

My stomach is churning already :)

We were in 30 ft seas for a day and a half 2 years ago NY to BDA so ... We did ok with that BUT it was on the larger NCL Dawn . Almost double the size of the Veendam.

This may be a stupid question but will it affect those returning this week into NY or US who will be leaving on sunday? I'd say us right ?

Thanks for this info. Interesting.

This is far from exact and can be very variable depending on conditions but gives a rough estimate.

wind wave

speed height

15mph 3 feet

20 5

25 6

30 10

35 12

40 15

45 20

50 22

55 28

60 32

65 38

70 42

75 45

80 50

wind wave

speed height

15mph 3 feet

20 5

25 6

30 10

35 12

40 15

45 20

50 22

55 28

60 32

65 38

70 42

75 45

80 50

Leaving on Friday for Bermuda, guess I'll put that rx patch on after all...:eek:! ahhhhhhh.

Hi everyone:

Taking my very first cruise Sunday to Bermuda on the Dawn, with family members. Worried about big waves and motion sickness. I have Bonine. Do I need patch as well? How bad do 20-30 foot waves feel?? Little nervous, if you can' t already tell. ;) Any help/advice appreciated, thx!

They feel pretty bad unless the motion doesn't really bother you. We've been in almost 30 ft. swells for a day and a half and it rocks !!! LOL

I've mentioned in other posts that I don't get sea sick but for this cruise I had my Dr write me a prescription for the patch. This is a different situation leaving sunday NY to Bermuda and I'm not taking any chances.

Enjjoy

Hi everyone:

Taking my very first cruise Sunday to Bermuda on the Dawn, with family members. Worried about big waves and motion sickness. I have Bonine. Do I need patch as well? How bad do 20-30 foot waves feel?? Little nervous, if you can' t already tell. ;) Any help/advice appreciated, thx!

Don't rent them. Too dangerous in bermuda.

We've seen many people back on the ships in casts from it.

You'll read alot of other posters also saying "Don't do it " Be safe.

Another question, re: scooters. I've read about the winding roads and blind curves in Bermuda. Just how dangerous is it? Rode scooters in Bora Bora, no problem, but that wasn't as hilly.

It was the ONLY time thats ever happened to us . Hope it won't be a repeat but if it does it does. I keep thinking BERMUDA :)

Thanks, FC. As for the motion - it DOES bother me, which is why I posted. ;) 30 foot swells for a day and a half? REALLY hope it doesn't come to that.

They feel pretty bad unless the motion doesn't really bother you. We've been in almost 30 ft. swells for a day and a half and it rocks !!! LOL

I've mentioned in other posts that I don't get sea sick but for this cruise I had my Dr write me a prescription for the patch. This is a different situation leaving sunday NY to Bermuda and I'm not taking any chances.

Enjjoy

Hi: Going on the Dawn 8/29 as well. Got non-drowsy Dramamine...The pharmacist says DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING ELSE w/ that!!! May give nasty side effects. One or the other!

I wanted to also do behind the ear drop and he said Dramamine is better as it as Meclazine (which is for seasickeness)...He feels that Dramamine is BETTER than Bonnine.

I had a bad reaction to Bonnine last November, so I'm not repeating that again.

For your info only. I am not Dr. or Pharmacist, but relaying what they suggested for me. I'll heed their suggestion and stick to only 1 medication and hope for the best.

Safe sails for all of us.

Thanks for your info. Much appreciated.

Hopefully it won't be as bad as we all expect.

We'll be on the HAL Veendam from NY and will sail out behind you ..

We watched the sailaway from jersey city a few weeks ago.

We've been on the Dawn to bermuda and wanted to try a new line this time. Much smaller ship which you'll see (but we love that)

Hi: Going on the Dawn 8/29 as well. Got non-drowsy Dramamine...The pharmacist says DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING ELSE w/ that!!! May give nasty side effects. One or the other!

I wanted to also do behind the ear drop and he said Dramamine is better as it as Meclazine (which is for seasickeness)...He feels that Dramamine is BETTER than Bonnine.

For your info only. I am not Dr. or Pharmacist, but relaying what they suggested for me. I'll heed their suggestion and stick to only 1 medication and hope for the best.

Do not take the "non-drowsy" Dramamine if you had a problem with Bonine. IT IS THE SAME DRUG AS BONINE.

The active ingredient in both Bonine and Non-Drowsy Dramamine is meclizine.

Meclizine is the generic name of the drug. Bonine is a brand name. Dramamine is a brand name.

The original ("drowsy") version of Dramamine is a different drug, dimenhydrinate.

Archived